Full-Time EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR VACANCY NOTICE
The Vanuatu Family Health Association (VFHA) is looking for an individual with excellent leadership skills to join and work with the team of volunteers, and staff, as The Executive Director, to build strategic partnerships and guide VFHA forward by overseeing all its operational, financial, and technical aspects.
VFHA is a Not-for-Profit Organisation established in 1990 to reinforce a health system that delivers advanced and quality Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) in ways that respect, protect, and fulfilled human rights. VFHA is acknowledged by the Ministry of Health and other Government ministries, and development agencies as a close partner in delivering SRH services for women and men of reproductive age.
VFHA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers, contractors, and partners to share this commitment.
Executive Director Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as the ex-officio member of the VFHA Executive Council (EC),
- Build, sustain, and strengthen the Executive Council functions including meetings, and policy compliance,
- Collaborate with the Senior Management Team (SMT) to carry out the decisions of the Executive Council,
- Ensure that VFHA is in compliance with all national laws and regulations,
- Work to build alignment while also maintaining role clarity between the Executive Council and Executive Director,
- Demonstrate a willingness to sign and adhere to VFHA’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
Fundraising and Financial Management Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Executive Council to ensure that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet the strategic goals and objectives of VFHA,
- Determining how VFHA will generate and spend its funds, ensuring that all funds raised are used to further the organization’s mission, and in compliance with IPPF and VFHA financial policies,
- Lead the development of the VFHA fundraising plan and its implementation,
- Coordinate and lead VFHA annual budget planning and reviews, and periodic financial forecasts,
- Lead preparation of the mandatory documents and periodic reports required under the Grant Agreements with IPPF and other donors.
Administrative and human resource management Responsibilities
- Manage and direct VFHA human resources in accordance with VFHA policy and procedures,
- Retain a diverse, highly qualified staff and volunteers by providing career coaching, growth, and personal development for workers,
- Oversee and be accountable for the hiring, dismissal, and annual appraisal for all staff,
- Ensure that every staff understands their administrative unit goals, and objectives including their roles and responsibilities,
- Establish and maintain a work environment that supports the Safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and adhere to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role.
Program management and communication responsibilities
- Have overall responsibility for annual planning, organization, and direction of the VFHA programs and operations, and ensure that work plans and budgets are reviewed and approved by the VFHA Executive Council.
- Identify new opportunities, promote strong branding, and cultivate relationships with potential funders.
- Communicate to partners the vision, mission, unique values, and overall strategy and direction of VFHA.
- Interested applicants should have at least five years of experience in a management role, whether in the Non-Profit Sector or in the Public Service Sector,
- Ample experience with fundraising, communication, leadership, advocacy, finance, administration, and program management,
- A minimum qualification of a tertiary qualification, preferably, a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in management, administration, health, education, population, finance, or other related disciplines, and
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding in the local and international context.
How to Apply
Use the VFHA Official Standard Application Form [OSAF] to apply for this Job. The OSAF can be accessible at the VFHA Port Vila reception or email [email protected] to ask for a copy.
Submit your application including the completed OSAF, and a cover letter addressing the above criteria to:
Vanuatu Family Health Association [VFHA]
The closing date for applications is 10th February 2023.
407 total views, 4 today