Full-Time EARLY INTERVENTION (EI) FIELD WORKERS
Do you have a passion for working with Children with disability? The Vanuatu Society for People with Disability (VSPD) is looking for Two (2) Early Intervention (EI) field workers to help us run our community play school program in four (4) communities in Port Vila. The EI program promotes the holistic development and education of children with disabilities and supports them and their families to participate in family and community life on an equal basis with others.
- Conduct assessments for Children with disability being referred to VSPD EI Service
- Accurately complete documentation (initial assessments, family goals, class plans, progress notes, client database) in a clear, objective and concise manner
- Support children with disabilities and their families to set holistic and family-centred goals, which are reviewed and modified as appropriate
- Provide high quality, evidence-based intervention (education, strategies, capacity-building, materials) through the delivery of EI classes, home visits and follow up of EI clients once they begin attending school
- Communicate in a clear, sensitive and appropriate way with clients and their families as well as community members, VSPD staff and stakeholders.
- Ensure the project complies with VSPD child protection policy.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed High School Year 12/13. Additional qualifications are welcome.
- Passion to work with and for Children with Disability and promoting their rights
- Some years’ experience in Education, Health, Community and Social development activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to work within a team and with community members
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
1700 total views, 1 today