Job Reference: CIV2011
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu has a focus on Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA), Humanitarian Preparedness and Emergency Response. We are currently looking for a Driver to join our Operation team based in Tanna.
The major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Provide safe transportation for all passengers in the vehicle (CARE staff, INGO staff’s, partners, project beneficiaries, Visitors). To follow all driving rules, regulations and procedures as per the CARE Vanuatu Vehicle Policy and adhere to CARE’s vehicle safety and security policies(such as wearing of seatbelts)
- Ensure registration, marking, and tracking of all assets on receipt of the asset(s) by recording and updating the Asset Register and affixing CARE and Donor ( Where applicable) Asset Tags:
- Responsible in reporting any accidents or security incidents involving the vehicles including thefts or damage to the vehicle
- Maintain vehicle log sheet record appropriately according to care policy and daily track vehicle movements on a planning whiteboard.
- Assist with daily data entry of kilometre run. Daily check and maintenance of vehicle cleanliness including service checking to ensure the vehicle is secure and safe. Reports any needs for repairs to the line manager
- Ensure compliance with CARE policy on Vehicle management is fully implemented in Tanna
- Ensure the vehicle is equipped with safety tools, first aid kit and drinking water.
- Provide assistance to passengers as required including assisting with luggage and minor logistics support. Notify passengers of their arrival and pick up time.
- Able to do handyman jobs around the office and warehouse
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Completed Primary school education, preferably with a certificate in auto mechanics.
- Minimum 1 year driving experience, preferably with a Non-Government Organisation (NGO).
- Valid Vanuatu Driver’s licence, preferably with four wheel drive experience.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle repairs and maintenance
- Good communication skills in both Bislama and basic knowledge of English is an advantage.
- Ability to work within clearly defined routines and plans, repetitive manual duties, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to take directions and to work as part of a team
- A willingness to learn how to manage and acquit a small cash advance
- Good interpersonal skills including, open mindedness, willingness to learn, team spirit, good attitude and personality
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CARE is committed to protecting the rights of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse. CARE reserves the right to conduct background checks and screening procedures to ensure both child and work safe environment
- Demonstrated flexible approach and ability to work under pressure and to organize and manage workload to meet deadlines and
- Demonstrated honesty, reliable and trustworthy.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
899 total views, 1 today