Full-Time DIRECTOR HUMAN RESOURCE & ADMINISTRATION
Director Human Resource & Administration
Joining an organisation that has been operating in Vanuatu for 40 years, you will be responsible for providing effective, high level Human Resources (HR), ICT and administration management to the Country Office.
Salary: VUV5,468,232 p/annum
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We’re ambitious, creative, and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from abuse and violence. In the Pacific, we deliver programs in Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea, Tonga and the Solomon Islands – responding to natural disaster/emergencies and other long-term projects.
Where you come in:
Reporting to the Country Director with a technical reporting line to the International Program Senior HR Business Partner, you will provide strategic guidance and support to the Senior Management Team (SMT) as well as HR and Administrative team. Based in Port Vila, you will be part of the SMT team, actively contributing to developing an organisational culture that reflects Save the Children’s values, promoting accountability and high performance.
You will make an impact by:
- Providing leadership & mentoring, building role capacity and oversee management in the HR & Admin & ICT functions
- Finding opportunities for improvements in HR, ICT & Admin daily processes
- Assisting in the preparation of employment contracts, letters and other HR related documents
- Ensuring spend within budget
- Being able to take the lead in planning, implementing of staff training & development
- Serving and participating as a member of SMT
If we could compose the perfect you…
You are a values driven leader who intentionally curates an empathic culture among the team of staff you lead. You are experienced and seek to share your experience with those around you to build their capacity to join you in your extensive human resources knowledge. You are self-motivated, flexible, and driven to see results. You are able to uphold the values of Save the Children at all times and lead by example.
This role requires:
- 8+ years relevant progressive experience (5 years have been in senior leadership position in a corporate, government or an NGO environment).
- Extensive knowledge in designing and implementing HR strategy for the organization, as well as policies and procedures.
- Solid experience in capacity building and setting frameworks for staff development.
- Ability to network, influence & negotiate with a range of diverse stakeholder’s
- Ability to set strategic direction and motivate teams to achieve shared goal.
- Minimum Bachelor or Diploma level qualification in Human Resources, Business Administration or other relevant degree
- Reliability and strong work ethic
- Fluent Bislama and English language skills, ni-Vanuatu citizenship
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job:
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same. In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:
- Competitive remuneration
- Individual learning plan to assist in your career development.
- Internal employment & development opportunities
- Child-friendly and flexible work environment
Click on the following attachment for more details
How to Apply
We’d love to hear from you!
Submit your application no later than 11th December 2023, via link provided:
For additional position descriptions: (View link attachment )
This position is open to individuals with domestic working rights only. Please note, that only shortlisted
candidates will be conducted for an interview.
At Save the Children, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society – in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs – and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Save the Children a great place to work.
Save the Children Australia is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct
1005 total views, 2 today