Advertisement of the Position of Director, Vanuatu Cultural Centre
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized person for the position of Director of the Vanuatu Cultural Centre. You will play a key role in management of Vanuatu Cultural Centre. You will be tasked with finding innovative ways to enhance productivity while ensuring compliance with the Vanuatu National Cultural Council Act.
Director duties and responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day running of the Vanuatu Cultural Centre.
- Assist the Vanuatu National Cultural Council in the management of the day-to-day financial running of the Cultural Centre, on advice of the Vanuatu National Cultural Council [VNCC] with the cooperation of all heads of sections.
- Secretary to the Vanuatu National Cultural Council.
- Assist the Council in the Development of an annual, corporate, strategic, business plan.
- Oversee the production of the Cultural Centre’s Annual Report.
- Oversee the management, maintenance, monitoring and enhancement of the Vanuatu Cultural Centre fieldworkers and staff performances, annual appraisals and attend to their concerns.
- Coordinate Cultural Centre liaison with Government, Non-Government Organizations [NGO] and the private sector.
- Develop and Acquire funding for Cultural Centre Programs.
- Oversee Specific donor funded work programs and projects of the Cultural Centre as directed by the VNCC.
- Facilitate the Development of Cultural and Vanuatu Cultural Centre policies.
- Oversee all Cultural Programs as approved by the Vanuatu National Cultural Council.
- Drafting Cultural Centre funding proposals and grant applications for the Vanuatu National Cultural Council approval.
- Oversee Vanuatu Cultural Centre budget preparation and financial statements as approved by Vanuatu National Cultural Council.
- Maintain compliance with external regulations and internal policies.
- In collaboration with Department Heads address all staffing requirements.
- Assist the Organization with exhibitions , workshops, conferences and other Cultural Centre functions.
- Perform other duties as required by the Vanuatu National Cultural Council.
- Term of office is four years.
- Annual Salary of Vatu 3,968,600 payable fortnightly.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum BA in business administration or related field;
- Significant work experience for 3-4 years as a Director or similar position.
- Strong working knowledge of performance and operations management
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office and relational databases etc.
- Exceptional communication and public speaking skills
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
- Competent collaborator and skilled cross-functional communicator.
How to Apply
Please send application, including reference letters, CV and Qualifications before 4.30pm 7th August 2021 to:
Chairman of Vanuatu National Cultural Council, P. O. Box 184, Port Vila
406 total views, 1 today