Contract DATABASE MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Title: Database management Consultant
Reports to: Program Quality Manager
Duration: Twenty (20) days
Location/ Duty station: Port-Vila, Shefa Province with travel to Tanna
CARE’s global vision is a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live in dignity and security.
CARE has been operational in Vanuatu since 2008, responding to humanitarian crises, climate change and injustice, and working in partnership with remote communities and government and non-government actors in Vanuatu to increase resilience and gender equality. Beginning with small scale interventions to help address and prepare for the effects of disasters and climate change in remote outer islands, CARE Vanuatu’s program initially developed gradually and with a niche focus. In March 2015, Category 5 Tropical Cyclone Pam brought a sudden and radical change to the country, the communities we worked with, and consequently to CARE’s programs. CARE’s investment in disaster preparedness meant CARE was able to respond on a large scale through a multi sectoral response and recovery program. Along side this preparedness and response focus, CARE has also developed and implemented innovative programming around Gender Equality and Inclusive Governance.
CARE is registered in Vanuatu as CARE INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEE (INC.) (hereafter referred to as CARE Vanuatu), which is a branch of CARE International Belgium. CARE Australia is engaged by CARE International Belgium to support financial and project management systems for CARE in Vanuatu.
This consultancy will support these data management needs for CARE programs to set up and maintain a standardized, centralized, electronic database that will be used across the program portfolio for project teams to store, preserve, analyse, visualize and report the results of their projects and programs. We also require the Consultant to build capacity within CARE to use and maintain the database.
- The objectives of this consultancy is to:
- Create a standardized, centralized, and secure program database, fit to the infrastructure and capacity requirements of the Tanna and Port Vila field offices, based on pre-determined indicators and reporting requirements, for purposes of data storage, preservation, analysis/queries, visualization, and transfer/sharing.
- Develop standardized procedures to maintaining the database throughout the time period of this consultancy and on an on-going basis.
- Support CARE staff in developing needed competencies for using and maintaining the database.
The consultancy will be completed by 30th May 2021.
Key skills and experience required:
The consultant should have the following skills and qualifications:
- Advanced degree or experience in a relevant field (computer science, data/information management, econometrics, advanced statistical analysis, information technology, software engineering).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience related to data management/ database development and archiving, including use of web-enabled platforms and common statistical analysis tools
- Prior experience with data management of data sets is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Prior NGO knowledge is desirable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter with subject line: Data Management Consultancy , enclose a cover letter and your CV to [email protected] by 16th April 2021.
269 total views, 33 today