Full-Time CONTENT WRITER
- Full time position
- Must have some writing experience
- Salary range Vt1,300,000—Vt1,800,000 + VNPF and allowances (based on level of experience)
The Vanuatu Tourism Office (VTO) is the national tourism destination marketing organisation. Our role is to promote Vanuatu as a destination for international and domestic tourists.
About the role
The primary responsibility of this role is to write quality, engaging content for our written communications products in support of Vanuatu’s destination brand. This includes media and PR releases, social media posts, email marketing campaigns, website content, speeches, TV and radio scripts, customer research reports, corporate reports, slideshows, and more. Other tasks may include conceptualising new creative content, contributing to VTO’s content strategy, contributing to VTO’s editorial calendar, commissioning and editing content from other contributors, updating existing content, optimising content for search engines and assisting with posting social media and website content.
VTO’s written communications are typically targeted towards several main audiences: government stakeholders, Vanuatu tourism businesses, international travel wholesalers and agents, and travel consumers in Vanuatu and in our source markets.
This role may suit someone with a background in journalism, communication, public relations, or marketing. Ideally, you will be someone seeking to take their career to the next level and who is looking for a demanding but rewarding role, creating and editing content that helps promote our destination brand.
There’s plenty of room to grow in this role, and ongoing career development and training opportunities will be available for the successful applicant.
The successful applicant will be:
- a great communicator and storyteller.
- a great writer (or at least a good writer who wants to become great!)
- able to adapt your writing style to suit a variety of projects.
- able to engage readers with your writing.
- able to turn a brief into clear messages.
- able to research topics to produce more effective content.
- able to work to deadlines AND efficiently manage your own time strategically.
- able to work quickly when required.
- detail-oriented: must have an excellent grasp of English grammar and spelling.
- a capable editor and proof-reader.
- A strong team player.
Required qualifications or experience
- 1+ years’ experience in journalism, marketing or communications
- Tertiary qualification in tourism, marketing, communications or journalism
Desirable attributes–but not essential
- Experience in the tourism industry
- Experience in marketing
- Experience writing digital content
- Good general knowledge of Vanuatu
- Project management experience
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) skills
How to Apply
Please email your application, addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of the Vanuatu Tourism Office, to jobs(at)vanuatu.travel
Applications must include the following:
- a cover letter describing why you would be suitable for this position;
- your curriculum vitae; and
- Two (2) separate samples of your writing.
Deadline for applications is 5pm, Friday 4th December 2020. Please contact VTO on 22515 if you require more information.
741 total views, 1 today