Contract CONSULTANT TO DEVELOP A NATIONAL HANDICRAFT POLICY
The Ministry of Tourism, Trade, Industry, Commerce and Ni-Vanuatu, through the Department of Industry would like to recruit a consultant in providing the consultation services in developing a National Handicraft Policy. The Consultant will be expected to produce a Provincial Consultation Reports and the National Handicraft Policy.
Duties and Responsibilities are;
- the consultant will work to design a road map that outlines the expected deliverables, timelines and milestones that culminate in the successful execution of this project,
- the consultant will prepare a schedule of discussions and consultations with relevant Vanuatu Government officials, private sector, international partners, committees, taskforces and members of the handicraft industry,
- the consultant will collaborate with line Government Agencies and Non-Government Organisations that are involved with the Handicraft Industry,
- the consultant will establish and create good relationship with relevant Government agencies, NGO’s, handicraft Industry members and other relevant stakeholders,
- the consultant will evaluate the Handicraft Industry Value chain, and identify focal areas that needs support,
- the consultant will investigate, evaluate and compare the growth of Handicraft Industry until to date,
- the consultant will draft the Handicraft Industry Policy, constitutional and other relevant strategic documentation to outline the Government’s support to the future of the Handicraft industry in Vanuatu,
- the consultant will collaborate with the Vanuatu Intellectual Property Office and also give general advice by referring any handicraft industry member to the Vanuatu Intellectual Property Office for legal documentation and advise,
- the consultant will assist in the implementation of the newly Handicraft Industry Policy, and
- the consultant will assist the Vanuatu Government to establish a monitoring and evaluation program to measure the success of this project.
Qualification & Experience
- Graduate degree in Economic, Business Management or Public Administration and International Marketing
- Experience in livelihood study, valued chain study, market study, and policy review and development research
- Solid methodological and research skills
- Experience in the consultation field
- A relevant university degree or equivalent standard of education.
- Experience working with various levels of Government.
- Understanding of the Handicraft industry and its challenges.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently and operate with an innovative and lateral mind set.
Proficiency in spoken and written English and Bislama. Good understanding of French would be an advantage.
381 total views, 1 today