Advertisment for a Local Quality Infrastructure (QI) Expert to perform a Quality, Standards and Safety in Agriculture and Manufacturing assessment.
The Ministry of Tourism, Trade, Commerce, and Ni-Vanuatu Business is seeking to engage a local expert on agriculture, trade and quality infrastructure. The local expert is expected conduct the necessary consultations and provide the necessary inputs as proposed and, to some extent, directed by the Team Leader.
The overarching objective of this assignment is to improve industrial and commercial development, trade competitiveness and market access through the establishment of a solid institutional framework promoting efficient use of natural and human resources, food safety, health, the environment and climate change standards through the establishment and implementation of standardization mechanisms, including conformity assessment services, metrology, and accreditation with particular focus on Vanuatu’s Agriculture and Manufacturing sectors.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Relevant university qualification in QI related academic fields;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in QI related professional activity;
- Thorough knwoledge of Government institutions, as well as policy and legal framework;
- Proven track record of similarly conducted consultancy assignments in the last 5 years.
The applicants shall submit their written applications, which shall include the following information:
- A written statement highlighting how the applicants fulfills the requirements for this assignment, which shall also include:
a. A proposed methodology and work plan to deliver the requested services and achieve the listed outputs (this will be sent to the Team Leader); and
b. A financial proposal detailing the daily fee (including per diems).
- A Curriculum Vitae; and
- Proof of Identification and Residence, if corporate body, provide business license and registration.
The assignment will primarily be conducted in Port Vila. However, depending on the needs, short trips to the outer island may be undertaken. The planned starting date of the contract is early November and final output to be submitted by the end of December 2020.
Full Terms of Reference (TOR) can be requested from the Project Officer Mr. Brill Palmer via email at [email protected]
328 total views, 1 today