Resource development Consultant – conflict resolution tools and leadership skills
Position Title: Consultant
Responsible to: National Ambae Recovery officer; Benneth Bue
Location: Port Vila
Term of contract: three weeks
Work hours: Monday to Friday
Citizenship requirements: Ni-Vanuatu citizen
Vanuatu Christian council (VCC) is the national umbrella organization of Vanuatu churches; recognised as a charitable organization.
The VCC strives to help the communities in Vanuatu by running programs in disaster risk management, protection, and Gender amongst others through the church networks and directly in the communities. The VCC currently has 18 staff in port Vila to implement projects and administration.
VCC has work closely with AFP, the international aid arm of the Australian council of churches since 2008.
VCC, with the support from Act for peace is carrying out a project on Ambae to set up church leadership structures and communities returning to their island to be safe and inclusive of all. This contract will work closely with the National project officer and the VCC Secretary General, the contractor will support VCC to develop Resource to run a one week leadership training to empower communities. The leadership training could include;
- Dispute/conflict resolution tool
- Self-confidence & building resilience through faith(empowerment)
- Practical disaster resilience through theology
- Communication structure(including reporting to province were necessary)
- Strategic leadership planning
- Social inclusion and gender empowerment through human rights and faith (PWD, Gender)
- Referral pathways awareness
The consultant will use leaders needs collected during consultations and stream line line them to ensure they are appropriate for VCC through for development and testing with VCC member churches before printing the complete resource.
The consultant will be responsible for:
- Collating and tailoring existing consultation resource to create an Ambae leadership training resource package.
- Do external researches on the resource to add valuable inputs
- Report during consultation meetings with the VCC stalk holders to trail resource
- Core values align with VCC and AFP policies
- Experience in creating workshop and training materials
- Any experience in building resilience through faith, empowerment, theology of disaster, social inclusion and gender empowerment through human rights, dispute resolution.
- Have a clear understanding on governance, conflict resolution and leadership
- Experienced in the role of leadership
- Have good theological background
- Able to get things done in a limited amount of time
- Work experience with the VCC and the member churches is a bonus.
767 total views, 2 today