Contract CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR SOCIAL SAFEGUARDS SPECIALIST (INTERNATIONAL)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
Vanuatu Climate Resilient Transport Project
Project ID.: P167382
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for Social Safeguards Specialist (International)
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): VU-MIPU-555021-CS-INDV
1. The Republic of Vanuatu has received financing of US$ 66million from the World Bank toward the cost of the Vanuatu Climate Resilient Transport Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services under this request for expression of interest.
2. The Ministry of Infrastructure and Public Utilities (MIPU) is now seeking an individual consultant to provide services as a Social Safeguards Specialist (International) to support implementation of VCRTP activities and to support safeguard compliance for project investments and activities in line with the approved project legal and guidance documents. The position will report to the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) Head via the Road and Bridge Engineer/Project Support Team (PST) Coordinator.
3. The consulting services are expected to be provided part time over a 5-year period (2020 to 2025) with inputs totaling 280 days and the Individual Consultant will be based in Santo, Vanuatu for the entire period of the services. Specifically, the Social Safeguards Specialist (International) will assist MIPU with the following tasks:
(i) Providing specialist advice to the VCRTP PIU on matters relating to safeguard compliance in all aspects of the Project.
(ii) Supporting the PIU in the management of safeguards issues under VCRTP, through the provision of timely and appropriate advice for both management and technical issues.
(iii) Providing capacity-building and professional development opportunities to the VCRTP PIU (National Specialists) and MIPU- Public Works Department through collaborative approaches in this role;
(iv) Regular reports on work undertaken each month, as well as inputs to other VCRTP PIU and MIPU reports as required to support their respective implementation reporting requirements; and
(v) Any other related work as directed by the VCRTP Road and Bridge Engineer/PST Coordinator and PIU Head to support VCRTP implementation.
4. MIPU now invites eligible individuals or consulting firms who can provide a suitable person on an individual basis to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information in the form of a curriculum vitae demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution in Environmental Science (or similar), Sociology, Anthropology or some cognate social science;
- At least Fifteen (15) years’ experience in safeguards planning and implementation;
- At least Eight (8) years’ experience in safeguard monitoring and compliance of civil works projects, particularly in environmental, land resettlement and HIV/AIDS programs within project frameworks;
- At least 3 years of experience in similar projects in developing countries, preferably in the Pacific region or similar countries;
- Membership of the Professional Affiliations with a recognized institution is a plus.
5. Selection process will be undertaken in line with the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (revised November 2017 and August 2018, “Procurement Regulations”) for open competitive selection. The most qualified and experienced respondent to this request for expressions of interest will become the preferred candidate for a negotiated time-based contract.
6. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” (July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018) (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest
7. Further information including the complete TOR can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09.00 to 15.30 hours Vanuatu time.
324 total views, 1 today