Full-Time COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
The Communications Officer will help tell the story about CARE’s programs and get important messages out to communities. Working across the whole team, you will help implement our communications strategy by developing stories and communications materials to share the work we are doing with key stakeholders, including the media, donors, partners, communities and the general public.
You will be based in Port Vila, with some travel required to other sites.
Your major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Identify story, photo, video and other communication opportunities
- Collect story content, including interviews, photos, videos and other materials, and coordinate a content gathering system to collect content via program staff
- Identify and articulate key organisation and program messages for CARE’s target audiences, including donors, government, communities, the general public in Vanuatu, potential supporters in Australia
You will have;
- Minimum diploma and/or vocational training in journalism, communications or a related field, and/or minimum 2 – 3 years relevant work experience preferably for an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO)
- Professional communication skills in Bislama and strong communication skills in English, including an ability to write press releases, human interest stories and communications materials appropriate for an NGO stakeholder audiences
- Experience in communicating via new and social media platforms
- Ability to develop creative communication products, tools and approaches
- Experience in photography, videography and/or graphic design.
- Good awareness of the media industry and ability to cultivate relationships with media outlets and representatives as well as other stakeholders
- Awareness and sensitivity to the particular issues facing vulnerable and marginalized people in Vanuatu and the development landscape in Vanuatu
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefit package.
How to Apply
To find out more about this rewarding opportunity please sent your cover letter and CV in English before 5th July 2022, quoting the reference ‘CIV2212’ as the subject of the email/ letter to;
Mail: Port Vila Kethy Obed, HR Coordinator, PO Box 1129, Port Vila Vanuatu
Tanna Paul Shem, Senior Administration Officer CARE Office Isangel, Tanna
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE is committed to protecting the rights of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse. CARE reserves the right to conduct background checks and screening procedures to ensure both child and work safe environment.
604 total views, 1 today