Part-Time COMMUNICATIONS ADVISER
The short-term Communications Adviser will provide technical advice to the Public Works Department (PWD) in Vanuatu and The Roads for Development Phase 2 (R4D2) Team. The adviser will support the capacity building and knowledge management, particularly in the development of a strategic communications plan, development of information-education-communication (IEC) materials for different target groups, including design, graphics, layout and publication of IEC material and the use of social media to promote the work of PWD.
The adviser will work with R4D2 Team to promote the program’s message and to present the achievements of Australian Government partnership with Ni-van Government in relation to PWD support.
Duration of Assignment: 40 days
Remuneration: ARF is Up to B3
Open for both Local and International Advisers
The Communications Adviser will undertake and deliver the following:
- Develop a communications strategy for the Public Works Department to enhance the awareness, understanding, and knowledge of key stakeholders in the government, private sector, civil society, etc. at the national and community levels on role of PWD, its functions and processes, engage effectively with stakeholders, change behaviour and perceptions where necessary, and help achieve the department’s objectives
- Conceptualize, design and develop IEC materials on PWD with appropriate and relevant messages tailored for key stakeholders using various formats as appropriate such as text, graphics, imageries, infographics, video, printed materials, etc.
- Specify appropriate communication channels, dissemination methods and media such as video, print, web/online media, traditional media, and social media, among others, to effectively communicate key messages to specific stakeholders.
- Design a standard publication layout for the PWD to use in future publications.
- Monitor and address communications-related risk and leverage opportunities for MIPU-PWD brand
- Review the R4D2 Stakeholder Engagement and Communication Plan and align it with PWD communications strategy
- Review R4D2 report templates and work with Team Leader and ASI PM to apply DFAT branding guidelines and reporting requirement in the R4D2 reports
- Produce, source, update and disseminate, as required, external communication products (e.g. fact sheets, social media products (facebook & twitter), radio products, thought leadership articles, case studies, photos and presentations) to highlight R4D2 work with PWD and results
- Capture good news stories for R4D2, specify appropriate communication channels, dissemination methods and media to effectively communicate key messages to all stakeholders.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of communication materials to PWD and other stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain an updated list of donors and special interest groups. Support preparation of background presentations/ briefs for both PWD, DFAT and other high-profile partners.
- Promoting Gender Equality and Social Inclusion within the R4D2 program and will work closely with the GESI Adviser and M&E Adviser.
441 total views, 1 today