Contract CLIMATE RESILIENT LIVELIHOODS DEVELOPMENT PROJECT OFFICER
Vacancy Advertisement – Live & Learn Vanuatu Climate Resilient Livelihoods Development Project Officer
Live & Learn Environmental Education (Live & Learn Vanuatu) is seeking to recruit Two(2) Climate Resilient Livelihoods Development Project Officers for its 4 Years Climate Resilience Project funded by MFAT. The Climate Resilient Livelihood Development Officer will be focused on the implementation of Resilient Livelihoods opportunities for the Vanuatu CRI Program in, Santo, Pentecost and Epi
Live & Learn is a key non-government environmental organisation in Vanuatu that participates in a range of activities and contributes to policy development and review and consultation processes and fulfills the role of public awareness and education within or complementary to government projects.
General Conditions: One (1) Project Officer to be based in Port Vila and One (1) Project Officer to be based inLuganville therefore we ask that you stated clearly in the application your preferred location of work.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We’re looking for a Project Officer who is knowledgeable and passionate about community engagement and ecosystems management in Vanuatu:
- Have more than 2 years of experience as a Project Officer in a Non-Government Organisation or any organisation/institution.
- Minimum qualification of Diploma in social work or a holder of Bachelor Degree of Environmental management with at least 2 years of experience in field work
- Maturity in judgement, flexibility, creativity, responsiveness, initiative, ability to take a considered approach, openness to learning, have a good sense of humour and an unconditional personal commitment to protect the natural environments and the many people depending on these for their survival.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team
Key Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Possesses an excellent working knowledge of climate change and its impacts on Forest and Ecosystems
- Assist in the delivery of community engagement (including delivery of workshop, awareness raising and baseline survey) with target villages participating in the Vanuatu CRI Program
- Scope opportunities for Livelihoods & Ecosystem Restoration in the targeted sites
- Facilitate Community Workshops to achieve Community Resilience Profiling’s
- Support development and implementation of Resilient Livelihoods pathways for targeted Communities
- Coordinate the establishment of Ecosystem based food security and restoration plots approved by Project Leads (plot design, budgeting for planting, monitoring and maintenance)
- Provide Reports on the implementation of Project pathways and Livelihood support for targeted sites
- Support Live and Learns CRI program through follow-up community visits, establishing and maintaining networks
- Build networks and partnerships with other agencies in accordance with the organisational objectives of Live and Learn, including with Government and non-government organisations and communities.
- Provide reports, budgets and acquittals on field work as required by the Live & Learn Good Practice Manual
- Documenting stories and lessons learned through program, project and field experience to contribute to country program development and organizational learning;
- Support Program Manager and Team Leader to carry out project activities as required, including contribution to project reports.
- Any other tasks required by the Team Leader and the Live & Learn Vanuatu Management team
- Demonstrates ability and competencies including teamwork, innovation, judgement and good communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Flexibility and openness to learn and develop personally as well as proficiency
- Ability to work in a multiculturally environment
The successful candidate will be on probation for 3 months and performance will be reviewed before securing a contract which will be reviewed every year. Renewal of contract on an annual basis is based on staff performance. Salary will be negotiated during the interview to commensurate qualification and experience.
Interested candidates are invited to visit our website www.livelearn.org for further information about our work.
1303 total views, 3 today