Full-Time CHIEF RISK OFFICER VANUATU & KIRIBATI, PORT VILA, VANUATU
An exciting opportunity has just come for you to join ANZ as a Chief Risk Officer, Vanuatu and Kiribati.
- Experience in risk
- Directly report to the Chief Risk Officer for the Pacific
- Contribute to the Bank’s Regional goal of being the best bank in the Pacific
About the role
As the Chief Risk Officer for Vanuatu and Kiribati, you will provide support to the Country Heads to achieve sound profitable growth of lending assets, by maintaining credit quality in line with agreed business strategies and Country Risk Appetite statements. Actions are also to be consistent with the Pacific’s 3 core goals of:
- Creating a sustainably profitable business;
- Simplifying the business and its processes for our staff and customers; and
- De-risking the business.
You will exercise as a senior level Credit Approval Discretion for the two countries of responsibility and is expected to proactively drive an effective credit risk management culture and being well managed. You will encompass second line defense activities of Operational, Compliance, Market, Reputational and Credit Risks present in these two countries and acting as trusted advisor to the respective Country Heads.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following –
- Strong knowledge and exposure to Banking Industry and Risk Management in prior roles
- Extensive experience in the use of a Credit Approval Discretion involving commercial lending customers
- being able to lead credit workshops and deliver improved risk outcomes and better customer experience
- Experience of Retail Risk and Portfolio management is also highly desirable
- Proven experience in strategic management and thought leadership skills
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of ANZ credit system, products and procedures is essential
- Makes timely decisions in rapidly changing and high risk situations
- Strong collaboration, relationship, network and communication skills
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We’re just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We’ll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy. A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
321 total views, 3 today