Full-Time CARGO OFFICER
CARGO OFFICER – BAUERFIELD AIRPORT
BASED IN PORT VILA, VANUATU
Applications are invited for the position of Cargo Officer for Air Vanuatu (Operations) Limited and will be based at Bauerfield Airport, Port Vila, Vanuatu. The position will report through to Manager Cargo.
Scope: To ensure that cargo operations are safely efficiently and consistently accomplished.
Primary objective: To ensure that consignments are ready for carriage in compliance with operator and IATA regulations, as well as with export rules and regulations of the originating country, transit rule of the country of transit, and import rules and regulations of the destination country, as applicable.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Dealing with the public on a day to day basis, including phone calls & email enquiries for cargo enquiries
- Book, quote & plan shipments, including preparation of export shipments & documentation
- Accept, receive, weigh shipments & check packing & labels are in accordance with IATA & company rules & regulations
- Issuance of Airway Bills in accordance with export requirements
- Check all export documentation, ensure destination ports are sent cargo manifests, FWB & FFM messages, scanned where necessary & filed accordingly
- Where required, assist to reconcile all Cargo documentation (awbs – manifests)
- Reconcile all inbound cargo shipments against cargo manifests & contact consignees where necessary
- Check all inbound flight reports are completed per flight, scanned to relevant port of origin & filed
- Ensure & obtain proof of delivery (POD) & conclude cycle
- Any other duties as assigned by the Cargo Coordinator/ Supervisor and/ or Manager.
Applicants must be suitably qualified for this position and meet the following criteria:
- Will be required to pass Dangerous Goods Acceptance Course Cat 6
- Demonstrated Cargo & Customer Services Experience including Handling Customer Issues & Needs
- Excellent Negotiating & Problem Solving Skills
- Demonstrated Ability to use Microsoft Word & Excel
- Must be Computer Literate, have Excellent Oral, Written & Communication Skills
- Ability to be “On Call” 24 Hours/ 7 Days a Week & Work Weekends as required
- Holder of a Current Driver’s License Desirable
- Must be able to provide Police Clearance & a Medical Report declaring fit for all duties & eligible to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
Commencement salary to be discussed at interview.
2855 total views, 1 today