Full-Time ASSISTANT LOGISTICS OFFICER/ DRIVER
Job Reference: CIV2107
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu has a focus on Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA), Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) and Shelter.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Driver to join our Operation team and this position is based in Tanna with possible travel required to other sites and must hold a current driver’s license.
You will ensure that the Care Logistics function is efficient and maintains an updated inventory and asset list in compliance with CARE’s policy and guidelines, and primarily responsible for the safe transportation of CARE staff and visitors, maintenance and record keeping for CARE vehicles, and communication and coordination with the CARE team.
The major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Ensure registration, marking, and tracking of all assets upon receipt by recording and updating in the Asset Register and affixing CARE and Donor (where applicable) Asset Tags;
- Assist to maintain lists of available truck rentals for program/ project activities and coordinate usage between truck operators and Program/ Project staff.
- Assist to prepare Payment Request for truck rentals ensuring correct project codes and complete documentation with accurate charging codes related to CARE truck vehicle expenses.
- Prepares invoices for CARE truck usage by projects and obtains approval from authorized Project Officers/ managers.
- Ensure compliance with CARE policy on vehicle management and is fully implemented in Tanna;
- To follow all driving rules, regulations and procedures as per the CARE Vanuatu Vehicle Policy and adhere to CARE’s vehicle safety and security policies at all times.
- Responsible for reporting any accidents or security incidents involving the vehicles including thefts or damage to the vehicle;
- Daily check maintenance of vehicle cleanliness, fuel, water, oil and tyre pressure, etc., including service checking and report any needs for repairs to the line manager;
- Responsible for knowing addresses and directions when assigned, and attention to delivery instructions.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum High School graduate (Junior Graduate Years 7-10/ Senior Graduate Years 11-14 and/ or minimum 1-2 years’ relevant work experience in Logistic and Driving of four-wheel drives, preferably with a Non-Government Organisation (NGO).
- Demonstrated knowledge in handling logistics/ storage transactions
- Knowledge of basic vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Ability to make decisions within standard practices and as directed by a line manager.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic clerical, administrative or office service works.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and to work as part of a team.
- Manage and acquit a small cash advance.
- Good interpersonal skills including, open mindedness, willingness to learn, team spirit, good attitude and personality.
- Demonstrated flexible approach and ability to work under pressure and to organize and manage workload to meet deadlines.
- Basic IT software skills, keyboard/data entry and numeracy skills are required.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development.
How to Apply
To find out more about this rewarding opportunity please send your cover letter and CV in English before Monday 12th April 2021, quoting the reference ‘CIV2107’ as the subject of the email/ letter
Mail: Port Vila Winona Kalpukai, Human Resource and Administration Officer, PO Box 1129 Port Vila Vanuatu
Tanna: Paul Shem, Tanna Senior Admin Officer, CARE office Isangel Tanna
Email: [email protected]
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce . Women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CARE is committed to protecting the rights of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse . CARE reserves the right to conduct background checks and screening procedures to ensure both child and work safe environment.
716 total views, 10 today