Full-Time ASSISTANT LEGAL OFFICER
Vodafone Vanuatu is seeking an Assistant Legal Officer to be based in Port Vila.
This position reports directly to the Head of Legal and involves working with a broad range of legal matters relating to the company with a view to limiting Company liability.
- Responsible for pursuing Vodafone Debtors for recovery of debt, drafting demand letters and payment arrangements, investigating debtors, ensuring payment arrangements are followed through by debtors, service of court documents, etc.
- Assist in vetting of Documents and commercials Agreements for the company and ensuring that they abide to laws and legal requirements.
- Assist in maintaining of contracts register and ensuring that it’s updated, and renewals are done on time.
- Assist in arbitration, conciliation and commercial negotiation in any matter be it employment, Acquisition, commercial or any other matter.
- Attend to matters such as Agreements or leases with site owners, review of agreements, etc. and rent payments relating to Vodafone Vanuatu Sites are in order and up to date at all times and attend to landowners’ issues.
- Attendance to registration and renewal of registration of Company Business Names and any other matters relating to registration.
- To attend to any other matters as per directions from Head of Legal officer and or the Company CEO.
- Law degree (LLB) from a recognized institution
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently
- At 1- or 2-years working experiences will be preferable
- Fluent in both English or French and Bislama
- Working knowledge and practical application of laws.
3. Personal characteristics
- Reliable/ Honest
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the above position may send in their application and CV addressed to HR Coordinator, P.O. Box 146, Port Vila, or [email protected] before on Friday 22ND January, 2021.
536 total views, 13 today