An Architect Designer is tasked to perform all phases of architectural work including planning, designing, and overseeing construction. They will be involved in new building designs, extensions, alterations, restorations, and conservations from the earliest stages right through to completion. The goal is to match clients’ needs and to produce sustainable, functional, and aesthetically pleasing designs.
A Design Architect’s responsibilities include the following:
- Control project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design
- Take the “brief” to identify clients’ needs and put together feasibility reports and design proposals
- Develop ideas keeping in mind the client’s needs, building’s usage, and environmental impact
- Produce detailed blueprints and make any necessary corrections
- Compile project specifications
- Keep within budgets and timelines
- Ensure that all work is carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines, and regulations
- Make on-site visits to check on project status and report on project
- Cooperate and liaise with construction professionals
- Follow architectural trends and advancements.
A Design Architect is expected to have the following skills:
- At least five years proven Architect working experience
- Strong portfolio to prove artistic skills
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details, and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards
- Excellent drawing skills and familiarity with design software including all of the following; Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, 3d Studio VIZ and Cad drawing
- Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions
- Visual awareness and an eye for detail
- Communication and project management skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture from a reputable tertiary institution.
522 total views, 1 today