Contract AN EXCITING JOB OPPORTUNITY WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOUR, FOR SOMEONE PASSIONATE ABOUT TRAINING, TEACHING, FACILITATING AND LABOUR MOBILITY PROGRAMS
Title: Labour Mobility Training & Skills Development Officer
Duration: 12 months, from October 2021
Government pay scale: 4.1
Annual salary: 1,195,500
Purpose of the Position:
The Labour Mobility Training & Skills Development Officer will support and deliver Pre-Departure Briefings and Work Ready training for workers participating in the Labour Mobility Programs. The role also includes developing applicant employability skills to improve their employment opportunities. Training delivery will support national efforts to build a work-ready pool of potential workers to supply labour market needs both nationally and internationally.
The Employment Services Unit (ESU) within the Dpt of Labour is responsible for delivering Pre Departure Briefings (PDB) to all seasonal workers before the leave for Australia or New Zealand. PDB2020 package of PDB resources has been approved and it is mandatory for all seasonal workers (approx. 10,000 per year) to attend PDB before departure. This role will be responsible for the delivery of these PDBs. This role will also support other relevant trainings like Work Ready training.
Labour Mobility Programs (PLS, SWP, RSE):
There are currently three labour mobility programs being implemented in Vanuatu. The Pacific Labour Scheme (PLS) offers opportunities for Ni-Vanuatu to work in Australia for up to three years, in various sectors (meatworks, agriculture and tourism). The Seasonal Worker Program (SWP) offers opportunities for Ni-Vanuatu to work in Australia for up to 9 months at a time primarily in the agriculture and horticulture sectors. The Recognised Seasonal Employers (RSE) program offers opportunities for Ni-Vanuatu to work in New Zealand for up to 7 months at a time primarily in the viticulture and horticulture sectors.
Under the direction of senior ESU staff, the Labour Mobility Training & Skills Development Officer will:
- Prepare and deliver the PDB2020 to seasonal workers before they depart overseas
- Under direction from the Senior Labour Mobility Officer, prepare and maintain up-to-date PDB resources and learning materials relevant to the context of Vanuatu
- Prepare and deliver Work-Ready Skills Program, with partners to multiple cohorts.
- Prepare resources for work ready programs giving consideration to participants who have English as their second language and who come from a mix of cultures, education & employment experiences
- Develop working relationships and open communication pathways with relevant Australian based staff who are implementing these labour mobility programs
- Develop relationships with Approved Employers, specifically their Human Resources Department, for the purpose of accessing relevant information about the employers for Pre-Departure Briefings.
- Identify and engage local partners that can add value to the delivery of the Pre-Departure Briefing
- Assist participants with the strengthening of their skills in communications, team building, problem solving, use of technology, planning and organising
- Participate in meetings and other activities relevant to this role
- Report any incident to your supervisor, where staff or participants are behaving in a manner that contravenes the workplace Code of Conduct.
- Complete required administrative tasks linked to your role
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrates experience in facilitating excellent workshops and training activities
- Skills in the development of workshop/ training materials
- Excellent communication skills, for high level external engagement
- Demonstrates high levels of initiative
- Has strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills (Internet, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in managing and implementing projects
- Understanding of Gender, Disability and Social inclusion
- Experience in fast paced working environments, with tight deadlines
- Fluent in English and Bislama
- Familiarity with the Pacific Labour Mobility programs.
How to Apply
Please send your application to Patrice Kuautonga to email: [email protected]
Alternatively, a hard copy application can be provided to the ESU in a sealed envelope, addressed to:
Employment Service Unit
Department of Labour
Port Vila, Vanuatu
- A cover letter that reflects:
o Experience in developing and delivering training programs
o Demonstrated competency in leadership, and managing and implementing projects
o Your initiative and organisational ability
o Your ability to read, write and converse in both English and Bislama
- An up-to-date CV with copies of qualifications
- Contact details (phone and email address)
- Confirmation of nationality and country of residence
Applications must be submitted by no later than 4.30pm on Friday 01st October 2021 . Late applications will not be considered.
For further enquiries, please contact Patrice Kuautonga : [email protected]
1276 total views, 1 today