Contract A ROLE FOR A PASSIONATE FACILITATOR TO WORK WITH AND SUPPORT LABOUR MOBILITY WORKERS BEFORE THEY LEAVE TO TRAVEL OVERSEAS,– JOIN US AS A TRAINER WITH THE LABOUR MOBILITY TEAM, AT THE DPT LABOUR
Title: Labour Mobility Training & Skills Development Officer
Duration: Until 30 June, 2023 with possible extension
Government pay scale: 4.1
Annual salary: 1,195,500
Purpose of the Position:
The Labour Mobility Training & Skills Development Officer will support and deliver Pre-Departure Briefings and Work Ready training for workers participating in the Labour Mobility Programs. The role also includes developing applicant employability skills to improve their employment opportunities. Training delivery will support national efforts to build a work-ready pool of potential workers to supply labour market needs both nationally and internationally.
The Employment Services Unit (ESU) within the Dpt of Labour is responsible for delivering Pre Departure Briefings (PDB) to all seasonal workers before the leave for Australia or New Zealand. PDB2020 package of PDB resources has been approved and it is mandatory for all seasonal workers (approx. 10,000 per year) to attend PDB before departure. This role will be responsible for the delivery of these PDBs. This role will also support other relevant trainings like Work Ready training, and Famli I Redi training.
Labour Mobility Programs (PLS, SWP, RSE):
There are currently two labour mobility programs being implemented in Vanuatu. The Pacific Australia Labour Mobility (PALM) scheme offers opportunities for Ni-Vanuatu to work in Australia for up to four years, in various sectors (meatworks, agriculture and tourism). The Recognised Seasonal Employers (RSE) program offers opportunities for Ni-Vanuatu to work in New Zealand for up to 7 months at a time primarily in the viticulture and horticulture sectors.
Under the direction of senior ESU staff, the Labour Mobility Training & Skills Development Officer will:
- Prepare and deliver the Pre Departure Briefing package to workers before they depart overseas
- Under direction from the Senior Labour Mobility Officer, prepare and maintain up-to-date PDB resources and learning materials relevant to the context of Vanuatu
- Prepare and deliver Work-Ready Skills Program, with partners to multiple cohorts
- Prepare and deliver Famli I Redi program, with partners to multiple cohorts
- Prepare resources for worker preparation programs (PDB, work ready, Famli I redi) giving consideration to participants who have English as their second language and who come from a mix of cultures, education & employment experiences
- Develop working relationships and open communication pathways with relevant Australian based staff who are implementing these labour mobility programs
- Develop relationships with Approved Employers, specifically their Human Resources Department, for the purpose of accessing relevant information about the employers for Pre-Departure Briefings.
- Identify and engage local partners that can add value to the delivery of the Pre-Departure Briefing
- Report any incident to your supervisor, where staff or participants are behaving in a manner that contravenes the workplace Code of Conduct.
- Complete required administrative tasks, attend relevant meetings linked to your role
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrates experience in facilitating excellent workshops and training activities
- Skills in the development of workshop/ training materials.
- Excellent communication skills, for high level external engagement
- Demonstrates high levels of initiative.
- Has strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Internet, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience in managing and implementing projects.
- Understanding of Gender, Disability and Social inclusion
- Experience in fast paced working environments, with tight deadlines
- Fluent in English and Bislama
- Familiarity with the Pacific Labour Mobility programs
How to Apply
Please send your application to Joyce Ala to email: [email protected]
Alternatively, a hard copy application can be provided to the ESU in a sealed envelope, addressed to:
Employment Service Unit
Department of Labour
Port Vila, Vanuatu
- A cover letter that reflects:
o Your teamwork skills
o Your strong communication, networking and interpersonal skills
o Your competency in leadership, and managing and implementing projects
o Your initiative and organisational ability
o Your ability to read, write and converse in both English and Bislama
- An up-to-date CV with copies of qualifications
- Contact details (phone and email address)
- Confirmation of nationality and country of residence
Applications must be submitted by no later than 4.30pm on Friday 9 December, 2022 . Late applications will not be considered.
For further enquiries, please contact Joyce Ala [email protected]
904 total views, 55 today