Contract A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR A PASSIONATE PERSON WITH MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS. COME AND JOIN THE LABOUR MOBILITY TEAM, AT THE DPT LABOUR AND USE YOUR SKILLS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO PEOPLE’S LIVES”
Title: Labour Mobility Communications Officer
Duration: Until 30 Dec, 2023 with possible extension
Government pay scale 4.1
Annual salary: 1,195,500 VT
Purpose of the Position:
The Labour Mobility Communications Officer will be responsible for coordinating national media of Labour Mobility in Vanuatu, through media and promotional outlets, including television, radio, print press and social media, in particular ‘Dpt Labour’s Labour Mobility’ Facebook page. This role will also support regional media initiatives and contribute to the development of monitoring and evaluation communication products.
The Employment Services Unit (ESU) within the Dpt of Labour is responsible for delivering a high-quality Labour Mobility program to both Australia and New Zealand. Part of quality programming is to ensure that the labour mobility information shared with workers, with employers, with labour mobility stakeholders, and with the public is accurate and timely.
Labour Mobility Programs (PALM and RSE):
There are currently two labour mobility programs being implemented in Vanuatu. The Pacific Australia Labour Mobility (PALM) scheme offers both seasonal and long term opportunities for Ni-Vanuatu to work in Australia for up to four years, in various sectors (meatworks, agriculture and tourism). The Recognised Seasonal Employers (RSE) scheme offers opportunities for Ni-Vanuatu to work in New Zealand for up to 7 months at a time primarily in the viticulture and horticulture sectors.
Under the direction of senior ESU staff, the Labour Mobility Communications Officer will:
- Develop appropriate communication plans about Labour Mobility for the Dpt Labour
- Support the production of content for the development of communication products across a range of channels (social media, print, radio, television)
- Produce final communication products for Labour Mobility facebook page, for radio, television, print media, and other relevant media outlets
- Actively seek and secure opportunities to promote the Labour Mobility programs in Vanuatu, in partnership with relevant stakeholders and donor partners
- Actively update the labour mobility content update on Dpt Labour facebook page
- Work in close consultation with the Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation staff, and support them in finalising their M&E products (e.g. ‘stories of change’ booklets etc)
- Liaise with local, national, regional labour mobility ‘communication’ stakeholders
- Develop working relationships and open communication pathways with relevant Australian based staff who are implementing/ coordinating ‘communication’ about these labour mobility programs
- Assist colleagues with the strengthening of their skills in communications, team building, problem solving, use of communications technology etc
- Report any incident to your supervisor, where staff or participants are behaving in a manner that contravenes the workplace Code of Conduct.
- Complete required administrative tasks, attend relevant meetings linked to your role
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, or similar science communications and/ or
- Three years of experience, working in communications
- Excellent communication skills, for high level external engagement
- Demonstrates high levels of initiative
- Has strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Internet, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in managing and implementing projects
- Understanding of Gender, Disability and Social inclusion
- Experience in fast paced working environments, with tight deadlines
- Fluent in English and Bislama
- Familiarity with the Pacific Labour Mobility programs.
1709 total views, 1 today