Full-Time TEAM VANUATU OFFICER
This role will, in collaboration with VASANOC CEO, SDO and CDM, be responsible for the following:
- Provide input into annual planning process, identifying and raising specific considerations for Team Vanuatu;
- Collaborate with VASANOC CEO, SDO and CDM to align and enhance to capacity development for performance;
- Report to OSEP initiatives aligned to OSEP regional strategy and VASANOC 4-Year Strategic Plans;
- Develop and maintain proactive and productive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Communicate information to VASANOC CEO for CEO to ensure VASANOC has all relevant up to date information;
- Participate in team activities and meetings demonstrating respect and consideration for individual experience and expertise;
- Engage in continuous learning and contribute positively to a collaborative and respectful working environment aligned with the culture and values of VASANOC;
- Set up the training and education pathway for all Team Vanuatu in collaboration with VASANOC CEO, SDO and CDM;
- Align quality assurance process of planned education programs with OSEP, and with Vanuatu Qualifications Authority standards;
- Assist Team Vanuatu to become qualified and accredited in OSEP organizational development, entourage and sport specific courses;
- Work with VASANOC CEO, SDO and CDM to plan, prepare athletes and officials as part of High Performance Team Vanuatu to international and regional games;
- Assist Team Vanuatu in the annual completion of the ONOC national sport federations Readiness Assessment Tool (RAT) for the purpose of strategic plan development;
- Where available recruit, skilled, certified, local experts to deliver all OSEP courses and support them towards gaining sport specific trainer qualifications;
- Coordinate, organize and deliver OSEP courses, workshops and meetings;
- Conduct reviews and continuous professional development for OSEP trainers;
- Organize training certificates for those who successfully complete courses are distributed in a timely manner;
- Coordinate a variety of projects, functions and/or program components (e.g. meetings, events, travel and accommodations, catering arrangements, training rooms, facilitators’ and multimedia equipment. etc.) for the purpose of completing activities and/ or delivering services in a timely fashion;
- Facilitate and collaborate with VASANOC CEO, SDO and CDM on national, regional and international Team Vanuatu development, expansion and accreditation of sport training pathways.
- Implement, monitor and maintain OSEP partnership agreements in collaboration with VASANOC CEO.
- Manage Team Vanuatu sport education programs in partnership in collaboration with VASANOC CEO and SDO.
- Manage in collaboration with VASANOC CEO and SDO, the implementation of Team Vanuatu sport specific courses across Vanuatu to increase performance of athletes at regional and international games.
- VASANOC Chief Executive Officer and SDO.
- ONOC Oceania Sport Education Program Coordinator, (Suva, Fiji)
- Promote the interests of VASANOC and act as a representative of the organisation;
- Undertake any other duties that the VASANOC CEO and SDO, requests to be performed that are within the expertise and skills of the Officer;
- Advanced computer skills especially in the use of accounting packages, the Microsoft office suite and data bases as well as the ability to quickly learn new software programmes.
- Proficient or at least 5 years experienced with administration.
- Proven ability to work in a busy environment;
- Must be extremely organised and able to demonstrate proactivity and prioritization skills to meet agreed deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with internal and external customers;
- Excellent skills in data analysis and presentation and very process oriented;
- Must be flexible and adaptable;
- Able to deal with confidential information and /or issues using discretion and judgement;
- An enthusiastic approach to administration and accounting;
- Able to understand, read, write, speak in French, English and Bislama;
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strategic and operational planning and performance review
- Course facilitation in sport
- Experience working in sport communities in Vanuatu or the pacific
- At least 5 years of proven results-based work experience in sport education
- Partnerships scoping, management and retention
- Strong knowledge of sport development and performance issues and challenges and an in-depth understanding of the history, culture and political system in Vanuatu
- Advanced analytical skills;
- Highly developed judgement and problem-solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal, and stakeholder management skills;
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and computer literacy skills;
Term: 4 years 2020-2024 (renewal subject to performance and need)
Package: Salary of USD20,000 per annum inclusive of VNPF, paid leave, professional development and travel. Person will manage a USD55,000 budget for programs and implementation.
Location: VASANOC Haus, 5 Andre Ballande Street, Port Vila, Vanuatu.
Contact and Address for Application
1404 total views, 1 today