Full-Time SUPPORT SERVICES COORDINATOR
An exciting opportunity awaits you to Join our dynamic and advancing Support Services team, in supporting our programs, contributing to lasting positive impact in the lives of children in Vanuatu.
The Support Services Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of all Support Services functions within the country, including human resources administration, office administration, procurement and asset management including fleet and contract management. This position will manage a team of Support Services staff in Country Office and provide technical support to program offices to undertake decentralized procurement and build the capability of Support Services officers.
The Support Services Coordinator will report to the Director of Support Services and work in close collaboration with program and finance functional heads. The role is a member of the Extended Senior Management Team of Save the Children in Vanuatu.
SAVE THE CHILDREN is no ordinary not-for-profit
We’re ambitious, creative, and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from abuse & violence. We run programs in Australia, the Pacific and overseas supporting long-term projects and responding to natural disaster/emergencies.
Where you come in:
This is a full-time position reporting to the Support Services Director within Support services Team, based in Port Vila, managing several roles. The position will work closely with the Support Services officers in the head office to ensure they are aware of and compliant with SCA policies, procedures, and standards. Work closely with program offices to ensure that they meet cyclical (weekly / monthly / quarterly) reporting deadlines in procurement, assets, fleet, and inventory management and to facilitate continuous improvement in respect to Support Services quality standards.
You will make an impact by:
- Coordinate closely with the program functions and program offices to ensure quality procurement support presence, that procurement requests are completed on time, value for money is attained, SC procurement policies are adhered to and the necessary supporting documentation is present.
- Ensure that an up-to-date asset register policies & procedures is maintained in terms of registration, tracker, allocation, stocktake, disposal are adhered to on a monthly basis at both country office and program office levels
- Build the capacity of supply chain officers to provide quality line management to drivers, ensure accountable fuel procurement systems are in place, and vehicles are well maintained & managed
- Coordinates visitors’ travel and accommodation, office leases, maintain & repair of facilities
- Oversee the implementation of ICT support services in the Country Office
- Work with the SCA IT team in Melbourne to support rollout of the Pacific ICT improvements project
Does this sounds like you?
…You are ambitious, collaborative, hardworking and willing to learn.
This role requires:
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in supply chain work environment
- Experience in and/or knowledge of procurement systems and procedures
- Experience in and/or knowledge of asset, fleet and inventory management
- Excellent inter-personal skills and able to communicate with diverse set of stakeholder
- Strong analytical skills and ability articulate complex information in an easy-to-understand manner
- Strong ability to prioritise, plan and meet multiple deadlines each month
- Self-starter who is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Solutions focused with ability to identify weaknesses and implement process improvements
- Excellent understanding of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values.
- Comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment and perceives diversity as a key organisational strength
- Written and verbal fluency in English, fluency in Bislama desirable
- Good English communication skills (written & verbal)
- Flexible, able to respond to changing situations.
- Ability to work effectively and calmly in a high-pressure environment.
- Self-motivated, confident, collaborative, and able to take initiative, and able to work with minimum supervision
- Willing and happy to take extra responsibility assigned to upon request.
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making Vanuatu and the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same with a rewarding package in:
- Opportunity to work alongside program staffs
- Individual learning plans to assist in your career development
- Internal employment and development opportunities
- Child friendly work environment
- Attractive Remuneration packages (Salary & Benefits)
617 total views, 3 today