Full-Time SENIOR INFORMATION OFFICER
Job Hours: Refer to Job Description for the Post
Due Date: 20th March 2020
Report to: Manager Information, Research & Data Program
The Vanuatu Tourism Office (VTO) is seeking to engage a contracted person for a minimum of 3 years to the position of Senior Information Officer within its Information, Research & Data Program.
Main Duties and responsibilities: To coordinate and manage the dissemination of information by Information Officers in Port Vila, Luganville and Whitegrass to tourists to allow them to make betters choices and decisions about which tourism products to explore and experience.
Interested applicant must possess the following:
- Possess University Diploma or Degree in Tourism or Public Relations.
- At least three (3) years in a similar level.
- Experience in collecting and storing visitor data and creating documents such as leaflets, brochures or city guides to inform tourists about local, cultural, social and historical activities and places of interest.
- Gather and compile relevant touristic information from a variety of sources.
- Aid visitors by responding to their questions, giving satisfactory explanations, suggestions and recommendations.
- Give customers relevant information about historical and cultural locations and events while conveying this information in an entertaining and informative manner.
- Be a dedicated person who can perform under pressure with limited supervision and can complete assigned jobs on a timely manner;
- Be computer literate;
- Be a creative, flexible thinker, and attentive to detail;
- Be able to take direction from supervisors;
- Be analytical and innovative and able to drive change;
- Be a great team player and proactive
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to make public presentations and to represent VTO to stakeholders.
Fluent in English and French, the main languages of our major tourist markets.
1465 total views, 1 today