Full-Time RESORT MANAGER
Hideaway Island and Marine Sanctuary is a private island resort offering accommodation, food and beverage and water sports. Diving, snorkelling, paddle boards and kayaks are available for guests and visitors.
RESORT MANAGER – MANAGEMENT COUPLE
Hideaway Island Resort – Port Vila, Efate
We are searching for a live in Experienced Resort Manager or Couple to work with the team at Hideaway Island Resort & Marine Sanctuary.Hideaway Island Resort & Marine Sanctuary is a leading tourist destination, with the worlds only Underwater Post Office. The resort is comprised of 26 accommodation units ranging from Dormitory to Vila’s in 5 different room categories. The facilities also include a Restaurant & Bar, Kiosk, a PADI Five Star Dive Centre with two dive boats a ferry and glass bottom boat and employs a team of 50 people.
The resort has grown into a successful business over the years and caters to a large and varied audience. Being a great host/s to individuals and groups is critical for the continued success of the resort.
- The successful candidate/s will join our team initially on a one year fixed term full time contract, with a view to extend based on performance and company requirements.
- Overall day to day management of operational departments across the resort.
- Aim to meet and exceed budgets every month through revenue and rate strategies.
- Drive positive results and performance across all KPIs.
- Develop an inspiring and positive work environment that engages the team and maximises team productivity.
- To drive guest service initiatives and empower the Front Office team to always go the extra mile for our guests.
- To maintain and oversee all areas of maintenance works to a high standard.
- Effectively set rosters to reflect occupancy and business needs.
- Having the ability to work closely with Directors.
The ideal candidate/s will have:
- 10 years experience in Hospitality
- A minimum five years proven Resort Management Role in a comparable size resort
- To be proactive, strategic, highly driven with a strong service orientation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including Microsoft Office, MYOB, Roomaster and IQ POS
- A strong understanding of working with OTA’s, and Siteminder and being able to maximise room yields
- Knowledge or familiarity having worked alongside the Melanesian Culture will be looked at favourably
- The temperament to be able to interact with finesse with all types of houseguests, school groups, dive groups and staff in a positive manner
- A good understanding of the dive industry.
- Proven Track Record with an Independent reference that can be check.
The job entails a hands on approach with the ability to resolve problems fast and efficiently. It is key to be able to think outside the box and have the ability to prioritise the multitude of demands that are required on a daily basis. This is a 24/7 type of role and work hours will be dependant on the day to day demands of the resort.
The salary package includes a salary, an air conditioned one bedroom bungalow with ocean view, Wifi and a very generous Food and Beverage allowance and all government permits and fees if not already a resident or Citizen of Vanuatu.
724 total views, 3 today