Full-Time RESEARCH OFFICER
Job Hours: Refer to Job Description for the Post
Due Date: 20th March 2020
Report to: Manager Information, Research & Data Program
The Vanuatu Tourism Office (VTO) is seeking to recruit to the position of Research Officer within its Information, Research & Data Program. A copy of the job description for this position can be provided.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
The Research officer is responsible for undertaking destination marketing research to back up destination marketing and promotion activities of the VTO and linking what VTO does with the activities delivered with partner agency the Department of Tourism and local tourism industry associations.
Interested applicant must possess the following:
- Possess University Degree in Research methods, Statistics, social science.
- Sound experience in undertaking quantitative and qualitative research.
- Experience in preparing and delivering formal presentations of research findings for both internal and external clients.
- Experience in preparing a range of different style written products (including Briefs, proposals, fact-sheets, full reports, summary reports)
- At least two (2) years in a similar level.
- Dedicated person who can perform under pressure with limited supervision and can complete assigned jobs on a timely manner;
- Be computer literate;
- Be a creative, flexible thinker, and attentive to detail;
- Be able to take direction from supervisors;
- Be analytical and innovative and able to drive change;
- Be a great team player and proactive
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to make public presentations and to represent VTO to stakeholders.
Fluent in English and French, the main languages of our major tourist markets.
1680 total views, 2 today