The Government of Vanuatu through the Ministry of Tourism, Trade, Commerce & Ni-Vanuatu Business is advertising the position of the Registrar of Patents, Trademarks and Design in the Vanuatu Intellectual Property Officer (VanIPO).
Legal requirements for the Appointment of a Registrar.
Section 95 of the Trademark Act No.1 of 2002, Section 51 of the Patents Act No.2 of 2003 and Section 70 of the Design Act No.3 of 2003 requires that the Registrar of Patents, Design and Trademarks to be appointed by the Minister with prior approval of the Council of Minister.
Selection Criteria & Skills
Interested applicants who intend to apply for the position must possess the following:
- Be a Ni-Vanuatu with a minimum degree in the field of law from a recognised tertiary institution
- Have at least 3 years of work experience in the implementation of the Intellectual Property (IP) laws and officer management
- Be knowledgeable in Intellectual Property Laws of Vanuatu and International IP Conventions
- Able to represent Vanuatu in IP Conferences and IP negotiation
- Able to provide legal advice on the IP laws and regulations to the Vanuatu Government & other stakeholders
- Experience in Public consultations and training in IP laws
- Be Computer literate
- Must be professionally competent and diligent in all aspects of work and behaviour towards clients, staffs, colleagues and senior officers
- Experience in administration functions
- Must be fluent in either English or French & Bislama
The information package for this position can be collected from the Ministry of Tourism and Trade at George Pompidou area, Port Vila. You can also enquire through email address [email protected]
1216 total views, 2 today