Contract RECRUITMENT OF AN EXPERT IN ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER – REVIEW OF BUNGALOW STANDARD GUIDE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Recruitment of an Expert in Architectural Designer – Review of Bungalow Standard Guide
The Department of Tourism as part of the Vanuatu Sustainable Tourism Policy (2019-2030) will be implementing its ‘Sustainable Tourism Program’ commencing in 2020 is seeking an individual expert in Architectural Designs to review the Bungalow Standard Design in order to meet the Island Bungalows/ Guest House/ Homestay Minimum Standards.
The Sustainable Tourism Program will look at encouraging Tourism Accommodation Operators to meet the Vanuatu Tourism Operators Minimum Standards (VTOMS) that are put forward in an effort to ensure minimal negative impact on Vanuatu’s tourism industry.
The Architectural Designer will provide the following services:
- Design Accommodation Architectural designs from Vanuatu’s six (6) Provinces.
- Ensure that each of these designs meet the Vanuatu Standards Building Designs including VTOMS.
- Provide awareness and training for users.
- Explore packaging alternatives for different design types unique for each respective Provinces in Vanuatu.
The successful applicant will need to possess the following qualifications, experience and skills:
The TA should have:
- Post Graduate in Sustainable Tourism and/ or relevant fields.
- Practical experience with building designs using local materials.
- Previous architectural experience with financial management background considered favourable.
- In depth knowledge of the Island Bungalows/ Guest House/ Homestay VTOMS.
- Understanding of regional and global accommodations standard guide.
- Practical experience working with industry stakeholders in both the private and public sectors.
- High level mentoring skills.
- A focus on transfer of skills and knowledge to the industry and fit for local context/local ownership.
Proficiency in spoken and written English and Bislama is essential.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is essential
The assignment will be based in Port Vila, Vanuatu.
775 total views, 1 today