Full-Time PROJECT OFFICER (ACCESS TO JUSTICE)
Vanuatu-Australia Policing and Justice Program
Stretem Rod Blong Jastis Mo Sefti
Project Officer (Access to Justice) – Full Time Position
Port Vila, Vanuatu
Palladium International and the Australia Vanuatu Policing and Justice Program – Stretem Rod Blong Jastis Mo Sefti – are seeking up to two (2) full-time Project Officers (Access to Justice). The purpose of these roles are:
- To support implementation of select program activities/tailored pilot initiatives addressing access to justice, including for victims of violence against women and children
- To support coordination of program support for select program activities/ tailored and pilot initiatives.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the establishment and maintenance of open, effective and respectful relationships with key stakeholders (in Port Vila as well as at the provincial and community levels) which nurture sharing of information and allow for collaborative and coordinated efforts to support pilot initiatives.
- Consult broadly with stakeholders to ensure an agreed approach for implementing pilot initiatives and that there is broad understanding of the nature and objectives of the pilot(s).
- Support implementation of pilot initiatives/select program activities in accordance with an agreed workplan.
- Support the establishment of oversight groups for pilot initiatives (as required) to provide oversight, advice and governance taking into consideration the other commitments of the membership and the most effective way to access their time and advice. Provide support to the oversight group(s) that will encourage engagement, coordination and collaboration including regular and effective review and planning for activities under the pilot(s).
- Work collaboratively with the Technical and Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser to develop and implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools for pilot initiatives which will include (but is not limited to) gathering of data; effective coordination, collaboration and information sharing; risk analysis and mitigation; within an approach of constant improvement and is supported by the key implementing partners.
- Support the Coordination of sufficient ongoing communications with all implementing partners and relevant stakeholders so that all involved feel sufficiently informed regarding the progress of pilot initiatives. Support the dissemination of information to stakeholders which is sensitive and respectful of the need for discretion in a small community, but which provides constructive information for decision-making, as needed.
- Assist in the logistics and coordination of the delivery of training for any pilot initiatives.
- Any additional, appropriate support to programs or initiatives as needed from time to time.
- Collaborate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team with the collective responsibility of achieving the program’s end of program outcomes by mutually reinforcing strategies developed by the program as well as participating in processes that facilitate this. This will include:
o Commitment and support for the principles in the Justice and Community Services Capacity Development Strategy (as updated from time to time) including the application of the five levels of capacity development; applied work-place learning; and an express action-research approach
- Effective monitoring and evaluation of outcomes of all interventions implemented by the adviser in a way that contributes to the M&E and tracking of progress of the program as a whole.
- Contribution to the priorities and strategies that are mainstreamed across the program
- Strong skills and experience in working with issues related to violence against women
- Good knowledge of the context of Vanuatu and violence against women in Vanuatu
- Able to show initiative and drive the implementation with limited oversight, but also able to work within a team and able to seek advice and support when needed
- High level skills in the analysis of information and the drafting of reports
- Demonstrated skills in the conduct of facilitative, participatory consultations
- Demonstrated skills, experience and commitment to mentoring and skills transfer
- Excellent oral and written cross-cultural communication skills at multiple levels
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of law as an intervention to prevent and protect vulnerable members of the community from violence.
950 total views, 1 today