Full-Time PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR
About the program:
Improving health services is a shared objective of Vanuatu and Australia, and is important to the bilateral relationship. The high level political commitment of Government of Vanuatu to health as a priority is demonstrated in the People’s Plan 2016 – 2030 which applies the Sustainable Development Goals at the country level and references a healthy population as one of its national priorities, and includes targets for gender equality and reduction of gender based violence.
The goal of the Vanuatu Health Program is effective delivery of the health components of the People’s Plan and commitment to health services demanded at national, provincial and local levels by a healthy, secure and productive population. The end of program outcomes (EOPOs) are:
(a) Ministry of Health senior staff lead continuous improvement and strengthened accountability of the Vanuatu health sector; and
(b) Ministry of Health corporate services, public health and clinic services staff increase delivery of equitable, accessible and better quality essential health services
Roles and Responsibilities
The Program Administrator (PA) will assist the Operations Manager and the program team in a range of activities which may include administration, finances, logistics, and human resources. Specifically, the RPA will:
- Attend to office filing and record maintenance;
- Arranging venue bookings and logistics for workshops/ training/ meetings;
- Make appointments, travel reservations, confirm appointments for LTAs and STAs as required;
- Establish, purchase, and maintain an inventory of essential office consumables such as office supplies and stationary;
- Manage the program’s asset register;
- Organise payments to vendors for various services as required;
- Maintain a preferred suppliers list for the program for services such as stationary, accommodation, transportation, etc.
- Organise existing project resources/ information materials in the filing system;
- Respond to requests for information from program staff and other stakeholders; and
- Other duties relating to project administration, as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Formal qualifications in Business Administration, Liberal Arts or any other related fields; and
- At least 2-year experience of relevant office work.
- Demonstrated IT skills including experience in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and SharePoint. Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, the program’s web content management system;
- Demonstrated ability to administer general office duties such as filling, maintaining, and monitoring office documents;
- Good interpersonal, team work and communication skills and able to maintain good relationships with colleagues and external counterparts and stakeholders;
- Ability to work under pressure whilst ensuring accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent organisational skills with demonstrated experience in assisting to organise meetings and events including arranging travel and logistics; and
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills including good written and oral English and Bislama language skills.
Amendments to the position’s Terms of Reference may be made during the period of the engagement as required.
1523 total views, 1 today