Full-Time PRODUCTION COORDINATOR
About Further Arts Nesar Studio:
Further Arts Nesar Studio is a civil society organisation based in Port Vila, Vanuatu. Further Arts was founded in 2000 in order to help empower ni-Vanuatu to develop long-term social and commercial enterprises in the industries of creative arts, agriculture and communications that are culturally, socially, environmentally and financially sustainable. It uses arts and culture as a vehicle for social transformation and popular education, action research, media and community organising methods to strengthen the capacity of community members and community-based organisations at the local and village level and to build solidarity across Melanesia. Nesar Studio is Further Arts’ in-house production and community multi-media facility, established in 2013.
About the position:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated person to join our team at Further Arts Nesar Studio as a Production Coordinator. In this role, you will supervise crew, maintain production schedules, budgets and a variety of other tasks that ensure productions run smoothly. You will also coordinate the multi-media and communications components of an exciting new project aimed at advancing women’s political representation.
The Production Coordinator will work closely with the Media Production Advisor, and report to the Manager. If you love filming and editing, enjoy organizing and working with a crew, then you may be a great candidate for this position.
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate the multi-media and communications components of the new women’s project
- Carry out organisational aspects of production scheduling and budgeting
- Assist in recruitment of members and crew, and in the provision of appropriate training and orientation
- Work with Further Arts staff and Nesar Studio crew to deliver projects and productions undertaken by Nesar Studio
- Work with Further Arts and Nesar Studio team and management to assist clients and partners to formalise ideas and concepts into scripts, layouts or structures for production
- Manage and support crew members, as well as supervise their work to ensure it meets quality standards and deadlines
- Assist administration staff to improve and oversee equipment storage and use system
- Carry out reporting of production and other field trip activities
- Good general knowledge of local and regional political news and current affairs.
- Demonstrated production experience including pre-production, field/ location filming, post-production;
- Good interpersonal skills – demonstrated experience working in a team/ crew and able to maintain good relationships with colleagues, external counterparts, clients and stakeholders;
- Excellent organisational skills, including ability to maintain equipment care and administer general office duties;
- Demonstrates an inclusive and gender sensitive approach;
- Good written and spoken communication in Bislama and English;
- Ability to work under pressure; and
- Passionate about the arts, people and culture!
909 total views, 1 today