Contract PRINCIPAL OFFICER NATIONAL COMPETENCY STANDARD
Position Title: Principal Officer National Competency Standard
Post Number: B00141
Grade Level: PS 8.1
Annual Salary: 2,693,000vt
Position Location: Port Vila
Contract Duration: 5 Years – full time
The Vanuatu Qualifications Authority (VQA) is the national regulator of the post-school education and training (PSET) sector. The VQA regulates PSET courses and providers to ensure nationally approved quality standards are met.
The VQA is one of the key agents in the implementation of the national PSET Policy 2016-2020. The VQA is working in close collaboration with the Tertiary Education Directorate of the Ministry of Education and Training and with PSET providers to achieve the PSET Policy vision of: A sustainable, well-coordinated and inclusive PSET system that maximises access to relevant and quality assured qualifications that lead to improved economic, social and cultural development opportunities for all.
Purpose of the Position is:
- To ensure the development of national competency standards, implementation of policies and procedures of the Unit.
- To establish link with Industry groups and coordinate Industry Skills Council (ISC) and Industry Expert Panel (IEP).
- To provide assistance and support to the Competency Standard Development Unit staffs and other staff of the Authority.
The Successful Candidate must meet the following Position criteria:
- Post-Graduate or Bachelor Degree
- Education, Management, Health, Hospitality & Tourism, Transport & Logistics, Journalism and other industry field
- 3+ year experiences in management and supervision
- 3+ year experience in developing competency standards
- 3+ year experience in working with industries
- 3 year work experience in teaching
- Knowledge of the different industry sectors in Vanuatu
- Understanding of issues in local and international development of national competency standards
- Knowledge of industry competencies
- Understanding of education and training course designs, delivery and review
- Understanding of legislation, policies and strategic documents guiding the work of VQA
- Computer literate
- Ability to produce high quality work within required timeframes
- Evidence of highly developed research and reporting skills
- Excellent group facilitation skills
- Analytical and practical thinker
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Hard working
- Meet deadlines
- Ability to provide support and assistance to team members
- Fluent in English or French and Bislama
759 total views, 1 today