Full-Time TEAM LEADER POWER
Telecom Vanuatu Limited is seeking for a Team Leader Power to be based in PortVila.
The mission is to ensure effective preventive and corrective maintenance of power infrastructure including all the equipment in sites and managing the installation for the new power systems. The job holder will provide leadership and set priorities to meet the company’s objective of delivering the highest network service quality, business efficiency and productivity.
- Develop the strategic direction of the Power section in accordance with the plans of the Technical Operations Department and the technical requirements of the company and other external customers.
- Manage the operations and maintenance of the various Power equipment including the diesel generators, other power supply systems, equipment room cooling systems and cleanliness to ensure the highest network availability, quality and security.
- Prepare preventive maintenance programs for all the Power equipment in accordance with the manufacturers’ recommendations and also in order to prolong the normal working life of the network equipment and to follow up on network status and problems in co-operation with Field Operations and Network Planning and Implementation sections and ensure the appropriate call out of external or internal trouble shooting teams to assure efficient service restoration.
- Study the new network features and services introduced in each releases and upgrades and prepare suitable maintenance procedures, acquire any recommended additional test equipment, tools and accessories that are necessary to perform the operations and maintenance of the network in the changed environment.
- Prepare Power Sectional budget and manage its expenditure within cost constraints to ensure the most efficient use of funds to achieve the sectional function and service objectives.
- Maintain stock of appropriate power equipment spares to enhance network security and to reduce downtime and to maintain stock of appropriate test equipment and tools for use in the operations and maintenance of the power environment.
- Maintain a database of maintenance records, which includes such information as site visits, consultation contacts, trouble reports raised, action and resolution details, date and time for reference purposes.
- Manage Financial and Human resource accordingly.
- Electro technical engineering degree or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of the power solution On/Off Grid, Solar systems, Transformers, generators and metering including power plants
- Fluent English
- Proficiency in oral and written communication
- Target oriented and be able to set high goals for self and others, focusing on the delivery of targets, quality and deadlines
- 5 years minimum experience in the operations and maintenance of Power network
- Proven background in the operations and maintenance of power equipment use of network monitoring tools and test equipment
- Minimum of 2 years at managerial level
- Customer oriented
3. Personal characteristics
- Take initiative to do things
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work under stress.
799 total views, 1 today