Full-Time POWER ENGINEERING OFFICER
Telecom Vanuatu Limited is seeking for a Power Engineering Officer to be based in Port-Vila.
The mission is to install, commission, maintain and document power systems throughout Vanuatu, including grid and off-grid power systems
- To assist the Power Engineer/ Energy systems Manager in engineering to implement the power monitoring systems, and audit TVL sites.
- To assist the Management of a new projects and TVL sites operation.
Activities under supervision of Power Engineer/ Energy systems Manager:
- Develop, manage and implement the monitoring system for power equipment’s in relation with RAN and IT/IP Department. Control scheduling concerning the project from inception to completion and making sure that the pre-set time is not unreasonably exceeded.
- Organise and implement the Power audit of all TVL sites.
- Study the new network features and services introduced in each releases and upgrades and prepare suitable maintenance procedures, acquire any recommended additional test equipment, tools and accessories that are necessary to perform the operations and maintenance of the network in the changed environment.
- Maintain a database of maintenance records, which includes such information as site visits, consultation contacts, trouble reports raised, action and resolution details , date and time for reference purposes.
- Manage maintenance of all electrical systems, air conditions and fire system in all TVL buildings in relation of Fix asset Coordinator under supervision of Power Engineer/ Energy systems Manager
- Supervise and assisting junior staffs in power department
- Compile, collate and file all relevant documentation for the project progressively.
- Escalate to Power Engineer/ Energy systems Manager any variance/ changes/ complexity/ clarification in the projects.
- Electro technical engineering degree or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of the power solution On/ Off Grid, Solar systems, transformers and metering including power plants
- Fluent English
- Proficiency in oral and written communication
- Target oriented and be able to set high goals for self and others, focusing on the delivery of targets, quality and deadlines
- 5 years minimum experience in the operations and maintenance of Power network
- Proven background in the operations and maintenance of power equipment use of network monitoring tools and test equipment
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
- Customer and service oriented
- Have a Valid Driver’s Licence
3. Personal characteristics
- Take initiative to do things
- Able to work under pressure, and meeting date lines
- Able to travel on mission throughout Vanuatu.
1715 total views, 4 today