Full-Time MANAGER ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING
Vodafone Vanuatu is seeking a Manager Accounting and Reporting to be based in Port Vila.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the entire financial reporting process and oversee the finance functions including payments, stock control, revenue recognition and receivables. The role will report to the Chief Finance Officer and assure effective financial reporting and compliance with all financial regulations and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare reports and financial statements and manage the internal and external review for these documents
✓ Ensure regulatory compliance as well as monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting practices
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and review activities of external auditors
✓ Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
- Perform continuous assessment of the period close process and process re-engineering to reduce the timing to close the financial period
✓ Support month end and year end closing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Financial Management or equivalent
- Be analytical and detail-oriented with good financial skills and an expert understanding of current accounting principles
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role. Experience in a chartered accountancy firm will be advantageous
- Additional qualification as such CPA, CA or equivalent would be advantageous
- Strong understanding of business principles and finance in order to interpret data and make strategic recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to analyze and summarize complex information.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with spreadsheet and accounting software programs.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that is fast paced and demanding environment
- Solid leadership skills with ability to motivate and direct a team of qualified accountants
515 total views, 1 today