ADVERTISEMENT OF MANAGER VACANCY WITHIN THE OFFICE OF THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (OPSC)
The Office of the Public Service Commission wishes to recruit an experienced and qualified person to fill the Manager position below.
Job Level: Manager
Unit: Compliance Unit
Grade: PS 9.1
Annual Salary (VT): 3,408,300 or can be negotiated
Purpose of the position:
Decisions taken by the PSC & PSDB and the Secretary rely on the provision of accurate and timely advice and reports by the Units and therefore impacts on the service delivery capacity of the PSC and the provision of the efficient legal advice across the whole Public Service.
Qualification – Possess Degree or Masters
Special Business Education – LLB or any related qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in a managerial of employment related issues
- Must be admitted to practitioner in Vanuatu for at least 5 years
- Has been admitted to practice as a legal practitioner in Vanuatu
- Ability to act independently
- Be prepared to work long and odd hours in and out of the office
- Demonstrate capacity to develop and review policy and provide prompt policy advice and legal interpretation.
Special skills –
- Management/ supervision skills
- Policy writing or development skills
- Research skills
- Interpretation skills
- Planning skills
- Report writing skills, and
- Computer literate.
Thinking Style – Analytical and practical
Communication/ Interpersonal Skills –
- High level of written and verbal communications skills
- Report writing skills
Behavioral Competencies – Show professionalism, Show respect for others, Confident, Cooperative, Punctual, Shows good judgement, Trustworthy
Language – English, French and Bislama
The office of the Public Service Commission will provide any person with information package containing details of the above vacancy including duties and responsibilities, reporting arrangements etc.
928 total views, 1 today