Contract MALARIA SUPPLY CHAIN AND PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Special Service Agreement (SSA) for Malaria Supply Chain and Procurement Officer
One (1) position is available to support the Ministry of Health with procurement and supply of commodities to enable malaria prevention, surveillance and case management. The person will work with national and provincial staff, mainly from the Malaria and Other Vector Borne Diseases Control Program, the Central Medical Store and Provincial Medical Stores. The World Health Organization will support this post for an initial 9-month period with the intention to transition support to the Ministry of Health.
Post Title:Malaria Supply Chain and Procurement Officer
Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA)
Salary: 1,058,000 Vatu per annum (excluding allowances)
Government Salary scale: PS 3.3
Duty Station: Port Vila
Duration: 01 November 2019 – 31 July 2020
Under the guidance of the Coordinator of the National Malaria and Other Vector Borne Diseases Control Program, the Manager of the Central Medical Store and the WHO Technical Officer for malaria and other vector-borne diseases, the incumbent will:
1. Monitor and evaluate the supply chain for malaria commodities at all levels of the supply chain, including to:
- Implement stock inventory management systems & SOPs at the provincial and national levels for utilization by stock inventory officers
- Monitor and evaluate the stock inventory sites on a regular basis, through quarterly visits.
- Execute quarterly stock takes at the allied health national sites, on a quarterly basis.
- Execute random stock-on-hand checks and bi-annual stock takes on the respective sites on a regular basis
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of the supply chain system
- Prepare monthly or quarterly reports concerning supply chain operations
- Ensure compliance with supply chain activities standards and directives across each site
- Liaise directly with Donor partners on the status of funded line items at each sites regularly
- Provide regular advice to the CMS management on the status of supplies
- Ensure that supplies are readily available at all sites along the medical supply chain
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the ordering cycle diligently
- Liaise directly with lower periphery sites on impending arrival of consignments
- Liaise with staff down the supply chain to solve complaints and problems on supply issues
- Perform research activities to identify new solutions for logistical challenges
2. Perform other reasonable duties that may be assigned by the WHO Country Liaison Officer or the MOH Director of Public Health.
- Completed a course (Diploma level or higher) in Office Management or Accounting.
- Completed a course (Certificate level or higher) in Supply chain management.
- Demonstrated at least 4-5 years of experience in supply chain or stock inventory management, office management and office works.
- Pharmacy or Medical background or experience, as appropriate
- Basic knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Physically fit
- Good IT skills including MS office
- Excellent Excel skills
- Effective communication
- Working well in a team environment
- Prioritizing workload
- Exhibit strong leadership skills and be a team player
- Have integrity and honesty, is resilient and should lead by example
- Should be a practical thinker and be able to analyse situations
- Must be professional and have the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Must show integrity and continually strive for excellence
Communication/ language skills:
- Listens effectively and clarifies information as needed
- Writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner
- Treats others with courtesy, sensitivity, and respect
- Considers and responds appropriately
- Fluent in English and Bislama. Understanding of French desirable
General Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Various benefits including allowances and annual leave/sick leave apply
- Contract duration is 9 months
1291 total views, 1 today