Full-Time MAINTENANCE OPERATION CONTROLLER
Applications are invited for Maintenance Operation Controller position within Air Vanuatu (Operations) Limited at Maintenance Department based at Bauerfield Airport, Port Vila.
Applicants should be suitably qualified for the above mentioned position and possess suitable qualifications and/or have the relevant experience in the following areas:-
1.1.1 Maintenance Operation Controller
Reports to: Maintenance Planning Manager
The Maintenance Operations Controller (MOC) is the focal point for all engineering operational issues that relate to aircraft dispatches. In consultation with other engineering operational departments, you will decide on the appropriate steps to be taken to ensure any disrupted aircraft are safely returned to service with minimal effect on the operation. In your coordination role, you will ensure that all other departments are kept fully informed of all engineering issues affecting aircraft dispatch. To ensure that OTP expectations are met, you will liaise with our maintenance providers and provide them with technical advice when necessary to ensure that all airworthiness defects including any ongoing defects are cleared in a timely manner.
Being the focal point for our maintenance providers you will be well aware of all reliability issues and therefore be in an ideal position to make recommendations on ways to improve reliability and help reduce our overall costs.
Maintenance Operations Controllers are accountable to GM Maintenance for the oversight of all maintenance of aircraft carried out in our facilities. They are also accountable for the timely handling of engineering delays and AOG situations and trying to reduce the impact of engineering on aircraft operations
- Liaise with OCC, crewing and revenue to facilitate best outcomes during aircraft disruptions
- Monitor, research and provision aircraft hold items to ensure defects are rectified in a timely manner, and that HIL’s including MEL/DDG items are maintained at an acceptably low level
- Carry out day of operations maintenance planning of all Out of Phase and defect requirements and issue work packages accordingly
- Call up defect rectification as spares are available for Engineering to complete
- Provide troubleshooting advice and support to Line Maintenance
- Provide technical advice to flight crew
- Provide initial response to engineering issues raised in Engineering Support Requests during AOG’s
- Advise Operations and all stakeholders of MEL/DDG items and maintenance requirements that place restrictions on the aircraft
- Advise Line Maintenance of any maintenance requirements that may be required for an arriving aircraft
- Keep the GM Maintenance and other Air Vanuatu departments informed of aircraft status, engineering issues and significant events
- Communicate with aircraft Manufacturer, Vendors and Regulatory Authority
- Maintain an effective handover system
- Reporting Reliability and OTP Issues
- Attend Operations OTP meetings to advise maintenance regarding technical delays
- Coordinate and ensure timely response to all matters arising that are safety related
- Be cognizant of Civil Aviation Authority Vanuatu Regulations (CAAVR’s) that affect your duties
- Remain aware of and update as required the maintenance calendar in consultation with the maintenance planners
- Carry out any tasks as reasonably requested by GM Maintenance or Maintenance Planning Manager.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- LAME qualifications in Avionics or Mechanical and rated on B737, ATR72, DHC6
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, Google suite and AMS
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Good organizational skills
- Minimum Five (5) years’ experience as a LAME rated on Air Vanuatu A/C or similar
- Previous Engineering Management/Supervisory experience
Commencement salary to be discussed at interview.
612 total views, 2 today