Full-Time LOGISTICS ASSISTANT/ DRIVER
Job Reference: CIV2005
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu has a focus on Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA).
We are currently looking for a Logistics Assistant/ Driver to join our Operation team. This position is based in Port Vila, with possible travel required to other sites and must hold a current driver’s license.
The major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Ensure registration and marking of all assets on receipt of the asset(s) by recording and updating the Asset Register and affixing CARE and Donor (where applicable) Asset Tags
- Maintains lists of available truck rentals for program/ project activities and coordinate usage between truck operators and Program/ Project staff
- Prepares payment request with accurate charging codes related to CARE truck vehicle expenses
- Perform messengerial runs in relation to banking, delivering/ picking up communications, goods to/ from partners and government offices
- Ensure that compliance with CARE policy on vehicle management is fully implemented in Port Vila
- Monitor vehicle requests and ensures booking schedules are efficient and followed, otherwise provide feedback to staff requesting and an alternative arrangement for vehicle runs to respond to the request
- Ensure that all CARE trucks have updated registrations, insurance, road worthiness and that renewals are performed timely
- Provide safe transportation for all passengers in the vehicle (CARE staff, INGO staff, partners, project beneficiaries, visitors)
- To follow all driving rules, regulations and procedures as per the CARE Vanuatu Vehicle Policy and adhere to CARE’s vehicle safety and security policies at all times. Ensure all passengers also comply with safety and security policies (such as wearing of seatbelts)
- Responsible for reporting any accidents or security incidents involving the vehicles including thefts or damage to the vehicle
- Daily maintenance check of vehicle’s cleanliness, fuel, water, oil and tire pressure, etc., including service-checking to ensure vehicle is secure and safe. Report any needs for repairs to the line manager
- Provide assistance to passengers as required including assisting with luggage and minor logistics support. Notify passengers when arrival or pick up by any communication means (email, text messages)
- Able to do handyman jobs around the office and warehouse.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum High School graduate (Junior Graduate Years 7-10/ Senior Graduate Years 11-14 and/ or minimum 1-2 years’ relevant work experience in Logistic and Driving of four wheel drives, preferably with a Non-Government Organisation (NGO).
- Demonstrated knowledge in handling logistics/ storage transactions
- Knowledge of basic vehicle repairs and maintenance
- Good oral and written Bislama; English is not required
- Ability to make decisions within standard practices and as directed by a line manager
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic clerical, administrative or office service works
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and to work as part of a team
- Manage and acquit a small cash advance
- Good interpersonal skills including, open mindedness, willingness to learn, team spirit, good attitude and personality
- Demonstrated flexible approach and ability to work under pressure and to organize and manage workload to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated honesty, reliable and trustworthy
- Basic IT software skills, keyboard/ data entry and numeracy skills are required.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
1240 total views, 2 today