Full-Time LOCAL DIRECTOR – VANUATU
We are looking for candidates for the position of Local Director for the Vanuatu office of a Securities Dealer Company.
Our firm, APAC Management Consultancy, is a consulting and recruiting company based in Singapore. We are publishing this ad on behalf of some of our clients, for positions available in Vanuatu. In fact, we are assisting several international groups to establish a local office in Vanuatu. There are multiple similar positions available.
Our clients are companies that operate as broker/dealers on derivatives. They offer to their clients an electronic trading platform, that is a software to execute buy and sell transactions on various financial products, typically CFDs on currency rates (Forex) and on the prices of stocks, indices, precious metals, oil and other commodities.
These companies are licensed and regulated by the VFSC (Vanuatu Financial Services Commission), and are now establishing a local company and an operative office in Vanuatu.
To this end, we are helping them to locate suitable candidates for this position, available immediately. Other positions are also available, for which our firm has published separate job ads.
These companies are parts of international group that have other offices abroad, typically in Australia and/or East Asia, Europe, UK, and Middle East.
Key Skills Required
- Must be residing in Vanuatu or prepared to become a resident upon taking the role
- A minimum of 5 years of experience are required in the financial services sector; albeit we might evaluate candidates with less experience if they have a strong profile.
- Proven management and communication skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Communicating in other languages, particularly of South and East Asia, will be an advantage.
- Must be familiar with cloud-based software and highly proficient in technology
- Candidates with a degree in finance, economics, software development, engineering, MBA, or other relevant fields will have an added advantage
- A good understanding of financial markets, online trading, Forex, leveraged investment, commodities, crypto currencies, stocks, indices, P&L, balance sheet, etc.
- The candidate will need to deal with the Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC) and the Vanuatu Financial Intelligence Unit (VFIU); therefore, any knowledge of the rules and regulations of that apply to Securities Dealers will be considered a strong advantage.
Please do note that this position is only available to candidates that can provide evidence of having at least 5 years of experience in any field related to financial markets, investment management and some other financial services. Our firm also placed separate job ads for other positions that require less experience; please answer to the right job ad only.
- Acting as key person of an international company registered and licensed in Vanuatu, and as Director of a local company serving such international company.
- Ensuring that the business activities, as described above, comply with all relevant regulations and guidelines issued by the regulatory authorities
- Preparing and ensure full and timely regulatory reporting as required by Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC)
- Responsible for overall day-to-day operations of settlement/ corporate actions/ remittance to ensure all the instructions are executed accurately and in a timely manner
- Advising functions and business units on the regulatory compliance and risk management related to the transaction settlement cycle
- Ensuring all the appropriate controls are in place to comply with the regulations and internal policy
- Communicating with our group persons overseas to support other managers.
- Managing and training local staff
- Additional tasks might include risk monitoring, assisting with the onboarding of new clients, and any other act required to run the local operations.
Please understand that this is a full-time position, you are expected to work from the office during business hours, and you cannot have commitments with other companies. Do not apply if you cannot meet this requirement.
The basic salary depends on the candidate’s relevant experience, knowledge, and skills.
Discretionary or performance-related bonus might also be offered.
Training will be provided by the international offices.
Finally, the candidate will benefit from working for an international group and being exposed to different cultures.
How to Apply
Please send your CV/resume to [email protected] with subject LOCDIR-VU.
Please understand that we will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
333 total views, 4 today