Full-Time LABOUR MOBILITY OFFICER – PLS
Duration: 12 months, from July 2019
Government pay scale: 5.1
Purpose of the Position: The Labour Mobility Officer – PLS will support the various procedures required to process all the Pacific Labour Scheme (PLS) worker applications, to enable Vanuatu Department of Labour (DoL) to fulfil its Labour Mobility obligations under the Pacific Labour Facility.
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF)
The PLF facilitates the seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers to Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the PLS and provides targeted support to SWP. The PLF is managed by Palladium, in partnership with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
The Seasonal Worker Programme (SWP)
Under direction of the Department of Jobs and Small Business (DJSB), the SWP provides certain Australian employers access to low-skilled and unskilled workers from nine Pacific Island countries and Timor-Leste. These employers include those in the agriculture industry, and in the accommodation sector and tourism sectors in specific locations. Employers must show that are unable to find enough local Australian labour.
The Pacific Labour Scheme (PLS)
The PLS commenced on 1 July 2018. It enables citizens of Pacific countries to take up low- and semi-skilled work opportunities in rural and regional Australia for up to three years. Implementation of the PLS is open to all sectors but will focus on placing workers in sectors with projected employment growth in Australia (tourism, meat workers, age care, agriculture) and which match Pacific skill sets.
Duties: Under the direction of senior ESU staff, and the Vanuatu Labour Mobility Engagement Manager, the Labour Mobility Officer – PLS will:
- Facilitate the PLS awareness sessions and hand out relevant information materials
- Review and screen the PLS worker profile applications according to approved employer criteria
- Screen PLS worker profile applications considering gender and social inclusion principles
- Conduct CV development sessions/ education trainings with the selected workers
- Maintain communications with all the selected workers as required, with Labour Mobility Officer
- Support selected workers to complete their Visa application portals/ forms
- Facilitate English testing with PLS workers to ensure English standards within worker ready pool
- Facilitate fitness testing with PLS workers to ensure fitness standards for the worker ready pool
- Communications with PLS Migration Agents regarding visa applications
- Communications with PLS Migration Agents regarding upcoming recruitment opportunities
- Input into PLS (ESU) database as required (aligning with ESU database processes)
- Facilitate high quality Pre-Departure Briefings (PDB) for PLS workers leaving to go to Australia
- Support the facilitation of quality SWP PDBs when required
- Support the Labour Mobility Officer – SWP with their tasks when required
- Communications with DFAT when appropriate, under the guidance of senior ESU staff
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrates high levels of initiative
- Has strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills (Internet, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in managing and implementing projects
- Experience in facilitating excellent workshops and training activities
- Understanding of Gender, Disability and Social inclusion
- Commitment to mentoring PLS and SWP officer staff
- Excellent communication skills, for high level external engagement
- Experience in fast paced working environments, with tight deadlines
- Fluent in English and Bislama
- Familiarity with the Pacific Labour Mobility programs.
1533 total views, 1 today