Contract INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Development Of National REDD+ Strategy of Vanuatu
The Government of Vanuatu has received financing from World Bank acting as Trustee of the Readiness Fund of the Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (“FCPF”) towards the cost of formulating the Readiness Preparation Proposal and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for “ The Development of National REDD+ Strategy of Vanuatu”.
The consulting services include: 1) Develop National REDD+ Strategy Report for Vanuatu, as per the report framework attached in Annex 1 of this TOR. 2) Critically review the existing study reports to assess major drivers of deforestation and forest degradation in all REDD+ islands, 3) Conduct trade-off analysis of REDD+ strategy options, including opportunity costs, investment costs, transaction costs, and abatement costs; 4) Assess the feasibility (socioeconomic, political and institutional) of the strategic options through analysis of risks, and opportunities for the proposed options, including an analysis of institutional capacity; 5) Critically review the strength, weakness, opportunities and threats of REDD+ implementation through different approaches such as National, sub-national/Project level and propose appropriate approach and implementation modality for Vanuatu; 6) Assess the role and responsibility of local communities, CSOs/NGOs in the implementation of REDD+ activities, and monitoring of safeguards including multiple benefits and forests.
The Department of Forest – REDD+ Unit now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- The Consultant should have a minimum of Masters Degree in the field of Public Policy, Development Economics or Forest Economics with at least 8 years of experience in such relevant areas.
- Good knowledge of Forestry and Rural development and sound understanding of forest resources management and Governance, particularly on Public Policy or Development Economics..
- Experience in preparing National REDD+ Strategy or National Action Plan in Vanuatu or in other developing countries having similar socio-economic background.
- High quality consultative skills, organizational skills, data analysis and report writing.
- Experience in stakeholders engagement and analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and orally (in English) including situations requiring negotiation with clients.
Consulting firms are also invited to provide qualified individual consultants for the assignment, in which case only the experience and qualifications of individuals shall be used in the selection process, and that the corporate experience of the firms shall not be taken into account. The Contract may be signed with the firm, but no substitution of any individual who was initially proposed and evaluated shall be permitted.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
858 total views, 1 today