This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
29 Apr 2020
Full-Time HEAD OF IP/IT
Vodafone Vanuatu is seeking for a Head of IP/IT based in Port Vila.
- Be responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the IP/IT department that shall include the networks and systems infrastructure, human resource and administrative tasks.
- The incumbent should ensure the proper operations and maintenance of the IP network including core and access network elements as well as international connectivity via submarine fiber to ensure the highest network service quality, business efficiency and productivity. The jobholder will also participate in IP network development activities coordinated at Group level and in transverse with other sections or department.
- Manage the day-to-day operations to ensure the highest network availability of the IP infrastructure to include the IP/packet core, broadband access network (MSAN’s and GPON) and international connectivity via the ICN1 cable system
- Manage network devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, caching servers, traffic shaping tools and other end equipment to ensure proper functioning and delivery of service
- Keep updated inventory of spare parts and ensure availability of such spare parts when required during fault troubleshooting
- Design and implement solutions for the B2B segments. Investigate and test new enterprise data solutions to meet customer needs
- Perform preventive maintenance and constantly monitor the network IP with the available NMS. Carry out pro-active fault reporting and troubleshooting for customer equipment
- Provide level-3 support to troubleshoot network issues affecting end customers
- Keep proper and updated network topologies and configurations of all domains within the IP network
- Participate in the evaluate of contracts, proposals and tenders pertaining to IP/IT network
- Assist in the design and dimensioning of new architectures for both hardware and software to meet network evolution and growth plan
- Provide weekly MIS dashboard of the IP/IT network that includes network KPI’s for management’s decision making
- Assist the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in the preparation and finalisation of the IP/IT CAPEX and OPEX budget
- Carry out administrative tasks pertaining to the IP/IT department that includes human resources, departmental budget and asset control, review and assess contracts and agreements, and design & implement processes and workflows
- Provide appropriate training, coaching and mentoring for subordinates in the IP/IT department
- Be available to work outside normal office hours in case of critical failure or issues with the IP network
- To perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from Network and System Administrator in the roles ascribed.
Qualifications & Competences:
1. Academic qualifications and knowledge
- Degree in Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution
- CCNA certification is required. CCNP certification is desired
- ‘Hands on’ experience on routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP and BGP)
- Experience and knowledge in MPLS protocols
- Excellent knowledge on network security and Firewalls
- Knowledge on SIP protocol is desired
- Good knowledge on xDSL and xPON technologies
2. Other skills
- Capable of leading a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Self-learner and eager to take challenges
- Valid driving license is a must.
Job Expired 08/05/2020
589 total views, 1 today