This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
12 Sep 2019
Full-Time HEAD OF CORE, VAS, BILLING
Telecom Vanuatu Limited is seeking a Head of Core, VAS, Billing based in Port Vila.
- Leading technical activities in Core network, VAS domain and Billing domain
- Technical project management within the scope of responsibility
- Team management along with planning of team activities, tasks assignment, work progress control, results acceptance, etc
- Manage day-to-day operations to ensure high availability and quality of services in mobile and fixed networks in relation to voice, SMS and mobile data
- Manage telecom network elements such as MSS, MGW, HLR/HSS, SGSN, GGSN, MME, SGW, PGW, SMSC, IN-OCS, VM, USSD, Billing, Provisioning
- Design of new services in Core, VAS, Billing domains along with implementation and testing
- Dimensioning of network elements to secure appropriate capacity for future growth
- Operation and maintenance of relevant network elements
- Troubleshooting in case of network failures
- Liaise and cooperate with TVL network suppliers
- Provide network statistics and dashboards
- Preparation of short, mid and long-term network strategies and network evolution plans
- Assist CTO regarding CAPEX/OPEX budget management for Core, VAS, Billing
- Evaluation of contracts, proposals, tenders
- Negotiations with suppliers of telecom equipment and solutions
- Participation in company committees
- Spare parts management
- Training, coaching and mentoring for TVL staff
- Working outside normal working hours in case of network failures or maintenance activities
- Cooperation with other technical departments as well as with commercial, marketing and finance
- Reporting to Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Other activities defined by the direct superior in order to fulfil all position’s requirements and to address current needs
- BSc degree in Telecommunications Engineering from recognised institution. MSc degree will be an advantage.
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in telecom companies whereof 4 years in Manager role is a must. Proven records of leading big projects in telecom networks.
- Excellent knowledge about 2G/3G/4G mobile networks, their architectures, services and procedures.
- Very good knowledge about fixed network based on copper and fiber.
- Expert knowledge about CS and PS core network.
- Very good knowledge along with practical skills and hands-on experience related to ZTE and Nokia core network equipment is a must.
- Excellent knowledge about SS7 signalling over TDM and Sigtran and other protocols including: MTP, SCCP, TCAP, MAP, ISUP, BICC, Camel, RANAP, BSSAP, GTP, Diameter, H.248, SCTP, M3UA, IUA, DSS1.
- Practical skills in using of network protocols analysers.
- Very good knowledge related to Voice over IP and SIP protocol.
- Very good knowledge related to Value Added Services (VAS domain) and its network elements such as: IN-OCS, Voice Mail, SMSC, USSD.
- Very good knowledge about online and offline charging/billing in regards to voice, SMS, data.
- Very good knowledge related to international roaming, its technical realisation and billing procedures.
- Very good knowledge about TCP/IP networks. CCNA would be an advantage.
- Fluent English. Bislama and French will be an advantage
Personal attributes and other requirements:
- Team leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Project management skills
- Experienced in negotiations
- Presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- High commitment, quality and result-oriented
- Capable to work under time pressure and meet challenging deadlines
- Resistance to stress
- Willingness and ability fast learning
- Availability, ability to work after working hours
- Valid driving license.
Job Expired 30/09/2019
773 total views, 1 today