Full-Time GENERAL SECRETARY
The Vanuatu Christian Council (VCC) is seeking a GENERAL SECRETARY for the Vanuatu Christian Council, Office in Vanuatu This is a full-time position, due to start in January 2020 to December 2023 for an initial 3 years contract with possibility of extension.
The Vanuatu Christian Council (VCC) is the peak body of the Christian Churches in Vanuatu. It serves its member churches by providing a forum for discussion, sharing and planning on matters of mutual concern. Recently the VCC has started implementing AusAID – funded project in the areas of Community focused Integrated Disaster Risk Reduction and Vanuatu Church Partnership Program focusing on strengthening management and member and services and national policy engagement.
The VCC seeks the services of a full-time qualified person for the position of VCC General Secretary, to be responsible and Assist the Chairman of the VCC in the supervision of the General work of the VCC mission and in particular the secretariat office. The position reports to the VCC Chairman and the VCC Executive board.
– Administer the Office of the Vanuatu Christian Council
– Liaise regularly with VCC Board Members church leaders, VCC management and donors
– Reports directly to the Board , with regards to all functions and operations of the Secretariat and Heads the VCC Management Team gain knowledge and skills in development project processes
– Responsible for VCC legal and automous Christian entity thereby comply to national legal requirements
– Responsible for positive working relationships between VCC and its member churches.
- Handle official VCC correspondences
- Representing management and staff to the Board and vice versa
- Secretary of Board and AGM meetings
- Work with VCC Chairperson in organizing VCC official meetings
- Accountable to VCC staff, management and the Board
- Establish VCC websites and use all the available means of communication such as radio, newspaper, telephone, church inducement, email, network, etc. in VCC operation
- Strengthen member churches to make wider consultation to their own members, and others to bring Christian perspectives on socio-economic issues such as injustices, drugs, corruption, governance, poverty reduction etc. at all levels
- Utilize advocacy groups to visit and lobby government ministers and members of Parliament regarding national issues and policies
- Organize or use public rallies, conferences, workshops and combine workshops to promote Christian principles
- Ensure that VCC is included in the National advisory body on the Constitutional Review and other policy and legislative decision making bodies
- Develop inventory list of all Christian churches and ministries operating in Vanuatu to mitigate illegal migration of Christian competitiveness and disunity
- Develop & distribute VCC Annual Calendar of Christian national and global events like bible week, unity week, world day of prayer, fellowship of the least coins, Pacific Day of prayer, VCC council Meeting, VCC Day etc
- Work with Ministers Fraternal, to organize all Christians to participate in joint Christian activities as set out in the VCC Calendar of events
- Strengthen the unity and beliefs of member churches in order to foster partnership in the promotion of VCC national plan, beliefs, values in both the spiritual and the socio-economic development lifestyle
- Develop and organize sharing in Christian Ministry programs for media such as TV/ radio, papers, prisons, hospitals and schools, etc
- Encourage Fraternal Ministries, Inter-Church Women & Youth and community “councils” to participate in Christian collaborate social and Christian activities
- Develop awareness program to member churches and general public on the role of VCC
- Responsible to negotiate for new funding with development Partners
- Lead in the Partnership Framework with Government of Vanuatu
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Pacific Conference of Churches, and other Regional and International Partners.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Must possess a recognised qualification in Theology and be ordained Pastor and member of one of the member churches of the VCC
- Must be a practicing Christian with a strong commitment to the church’s mission. This would incorporate and active relationship with Jesus Christ characterized by a deep desire for worship and service to God.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of VCC and its policy directions
- Proven Managerial and administrative experience, qualification and performance
- Have an interest in and aptitude for differences in Christian beliefs of the member churches with VCC.
Work hours: Monday to Friday: 7.30am to 4.30pm (11.30-1.30 pm lunch)
Program Location: Efate, with possibility of lots of travels, nationally & regionally
Start Date: January 2020
Citizenship requirements: Ni –Vanuatu citizen only.
For more information regarding this position please contact the VCC administration on Tel: 35093
1243 total views, 2 today