Full-Time GENDER EQUALITY TEAM LEADER
Job Reference: CIV1920
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated individual who is committed to gender equality and women’s empowerment has strong leadership skills with good understanding of community development approaches. The position must be able to lead a team.
He or she will be responsible for overseeing the Australian government funded Leftemap Sista 2, a key project under CARE’s Gender Equality Program in Tafea province. This includes leading the five person project team to ensure smooth implementation through good planning; close coordination with all stakeholders, both internal and external; support for monitoring and learning processes; and timely reporting. It also involves ensuring close coordination with and support for CARE’s other Gender Equality projects in Tafea, currently including CARE’s Young Women’s Leadership Program and Pacific Girl; as well as supporting coordination with CARE’s resilience, emergency response and governance projects in Tafea
This position is base in Tanna with significant travel required to other sites in Tafea province.
Your major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Work with CARE Vanuatu Gender Equality team providing support in the development and implementation of CARE Vanuatu’s overall Gender Equality program.
- Contribute to the development of CARE’s programming across all program areas.
- Oversight of Tanna Gender team ensuring effective teamwork and productive team dynamics with clear work plans and strong understanding of staffs individual roles.
- Coordinate overall implementation of the Leftemap Sista 2 project in Tafea province.
- Ensure the efficient and proper use of funds in line with the approved Leftemap Sista 2 activities and in compliance with CARE’s finance manual and donor guidelines.
- Participate in the development of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) plan for CARE Vanuatu’s Gender program and lead on MEAL for Leftemap Sista 2 and provide support for monitoring and learning processes and timely reporting.
- Close coordination with all stakeholders, both internal and external.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and/or minimum 4-5 years relevant work experience, preferably in community based development work and/or activity implementation with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO);
- Proven experience managing and implementing similar programs including economic empowerment programs targeting women and/or women’s leadership programs; and/or EVAWG programs;
- Proven experience in training and facilitation including at community level;
- Good understanding of women’s economic empowerment and also EVAWG (including the importance of prevention and response);
- Excellent communication in Bislama and very good in English, French would be an asset;
- Ability to coordinate this technical function(s) and implement procedures and processes, with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Ability to develop high quality, concise reports and submission with accuracy;
- Demonstrated strong leadership, decision making, problem solving, planning, analytical and influencing skills;
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team
- Demonstrated experience in effectively leading, people management and motivating a team;
- Demonstrated honesty, maintaining confidentiality, reliable and trustworthy.
- Representational skills including developing networks and relationships with key stakeholders;
- Proven ability to work safely and effectively with communities and vulnerable groups including at risk youth and children;
- Proven ability in managing a budget and/or cash; and
- Fully conversant in Microsoft Office with knowledge in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
987 total views, 1 today