Full-Time GENDER EQUALITY PROJECT MANAGER
Vacancy notice – Gender Equality Project Manager
Are you an experience project manager and leader?
Are you passionate about supporting Gender Equality in Vanuatu?
Do you want to work with young women leaders and support them on their leadership journey?
Then this role could be perfect for you!
CARE is looking for a Gender Equality Project Manager. This position is a member of the CARE Vanuatu Senior Management Team, and manages gender equality projects under the Gender Equality Program, including the Gender Equality Together project. The purpose of this project is to promote collective leadership, capacity and coordination for the promotion of gender equality and ending violence against women and girls (EVAWG) in Vanuatu. This position is based in Port Vila and may require national and international travel. This position may line manage consultants, short-term contractors, secondees from local partners and volunteers.
Your major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Ensuring projects are delivered effectively and efficiently against agreed work plans and budgets.
- Representing CARE as one of the co-leads of the Gender and Protection Cluster, and supporting the work of the cluster.
- Coordinating and delivering gender technical support to CARE staff and partners at all levels.
- Leading on developing and sustaining effective partnerships.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Demonstrated passion for gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social studies, and/or minimum 5-7 years relevant work experience, preferably in community based development work and/or activity implementation with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO);
- Degree or training on Gender Equality (or equivalent) would be an asset, but not a requirement;
- Proven experience in project management, and developing and delivering trainings and workshops;
- Ability to develop high quality, concise reports and submission with accuracy;
- Knowledge and experience working on gender equality and Gender in Emergencies (GiE) including women’s leadership and EVAWG projects preferred;
- Demonstrated decision making, problem solving, planning, analytical and influencing skills;
- Strong representational skills.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package. CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE is committed to protecting the rights of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse. CARE reserves the right to conduct background checks and screening procedures to ensure both child and work safe environment.
827 total views, 1 today