Full-Time GENDER EQUALITY ASSISTANT
Job Reference: CIV1921
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated individual who is committed to gender equality and women’s empowerment and is willing to support the the Gender Equality Together (GET) Project, generously funded by the government of Australia.
This project aims to promote collective leadership, capacity and coordination for the promotion of gender equality and ending violence against women and girls in Vanuatu. This will include support for CARE’s Young Women’s Leadership Program.
The position is base in Port Vila with minimum travel required to field sites.
Your major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Support all aspects of implementation of the GET project as directed by the Project Manager. This includes planning and preparing budgets for activities, and documentation and reporting
- Support the monitoring and reporting of the project, to ensure tools and methods developed as part of the MEAL framework and plan are used for all activities; including Participating in regular reflection, learning and reporting workshops with the program team as required
- Input into reporting process and the identification and development of case studies as required.
Required qualifications and skills:
- A passion for gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity.
- Minimum high school graduate and/or vocational training in development studies or gender studies and/or minimum 1-2 years relevant work experience, preferably in capacity building or leadership programs focusing on gender equality and EVAWG and/ or activity implementation with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO);
- Good communication and facilitation skills in Bislama;
- Ability to collect information and produce concise and accurate reports;
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and to work as part of a team;
- Demonstrated experience in following standard policies, procedures and processes;
- Basic IT Software skills, keyboard/data entry and numeracy skills.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
1666 total views, 1 today