Full-Time FINANCE OFFICER
Job Reference: CIV2007
CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE International in Vanuatu has a focus on Gender Equality, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA).
We are currently looking for an Officer to join our Finance Team based in our Tanna field Office.
The major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
1. Process the check and bank payments in compliance with CARE finance policies:
- Update Bank FINSUN on a daily basis and reconcile with bank balances on a weekly and monthly basis;
- Effectively manage cash deposits/ withdrawals and reconcile against FINSUNs;
- Prepares Cash request to CARE Australia on a monthly basis;
- Responsible for processing all online banking transfers as well as bank and cheque payments;
- Prepares weekly and monthly Bank Reconciliation and Review Port Vila Cash FINSUN on a weekly basis.
- Ensure compliance to accurate finance filing system according to CARE Vanuatu processes;
- Safe keep and maintains all cash and cash equivalent documents in the finance office vault.
2. Data Entry:
- Ensure journal import/ export of Port Vila FinSun cash and bank, in a timely manner;
- Ensure that the Intracompany transactions from CARE Vanuatu or CARE Australia, are prepared, and completed; and
- Balance sheet reconciliations completed, signed and filed.
3. Payments to Third Parties and Staff Advances:
- Ensure prompt and accurate payments are made to all suppliers including government and service providers, including the payment of utility bills (telephone, electricity etc.) and rentals.
- Ensure prompt and accurate payments are made to all staff advances/ reimbursements, salaries and other CARE staff request for payments.
- Inform the Manager – Finance, of any suspected discrepancies and/ or improprieties in expenditure and accountability of project funds; and
- Ensure safe and responsible practices for cash (e.g., cash handling procedures, cash payments/transactions).
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum technical diploma and/ or vocational training in Accounting and/ or minimum 2 years relevant work experience, preferably in Accounting with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO);
- Excellent communication skills in Bislama and good in English;
- Ability to ensure the implementation of intricate finance/ accounting transactions;
- Proven ability in managing a budget and/or cash;
- Demonstrated experience in following standard policies, procedures and processes, with high attention to detail;
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and to work as part of a team;
- Demonstrated high levels of honesty, integrity, reliable and trustworthy.
- A willingness to learn about CARE, gender equality and women’s empowerment activities;
- Intermediate (very good) in Microsoft Office with knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel, Numerically literate and knowledge of Sun Systems accounting software an asset.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
1267 total views, 1 today